Maintenance Mechanic - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Brief Job Description
12 Hour Night Shift Role With Rotating Schedule
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining systems and equipment within the Coppell, Texas facility, by performing routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance for manufacturing, utilities, and facilities. The position will ensure all activities are performed in compliance with GMP, quality systems regulations, SOPs and health and safety requirements.
- Ethical conduct and compliance
- Train and lead Maintenance Mechanics in performing routine, emergency and preventive maintenance tasks
- Maintain the master list of equipment and equipment files
- Follow procedures necessary for safe operation and maintenance of plant equipment and systems and compliance to OSHA, EPA, and applicable regulations
- Install, maintain, and repair manufacturing equipment, utilities, and facilities for the production and warehousing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Coordinate Preventive Maintenance, including assisting with qualification of and implementation of the preventive maintenance computer system
- Prepare and review, maintenance standard operating procedures, work instructions, and schedules
- Perform preventive maintenance in a timely manner compliant with preventive maintenance schedules
- Ensure that work is accurately documented through maintenance work orders and change controls, where applicable
- Ensure that documents are completed appropriately and retained in the appropriate file
- Develop and maintain spare parts inventory system
- Ensure that all work is performed in a timely and cost effective manner in compliance to applicable codes, cGMP, and industry good practices
- Respond to production needs, using good judgment to make the appropriate repairs
- Safely utilize lockout/tag out and confined space entry programs
- Maintain the appropriated skill level in order to continue being classified a Class AA Mechanic
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical operations or regulated manufacturing industry
- Knowledge and experience in facilities and utilities
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical systems
- Must be able to read and implement technical specifications, drawings, and equipment related information (e.g., P&ID, electrical/wiring diagrams, equipment manuals and specifications, etc.)
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands for extended periods of time. Activities will require stooping, crawling, twisting, kneeling, climbing ladders and walking on roofs
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Class A Mechanic Certification
- Drug substance or chemical manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of automated control systems
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
External (to AZ)
- Equipment vendors
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.