Maintenance Mechanic - Coppell, TX - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Welcome to Coppell, Texas, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. The Lokelma Supply Site (LSS) has recently remodeled office space to provide a pleasant office environment to support varying work styles and collaboration needs. LSS has an on-site cafe with a selection of snacks and refrigerated grab and go items for purchase. Additionally, the site offers a food delivery service, allowing employees to purchase food from a variety of local restaurants to be delivered to the site, which currently includes a discounted price for LSS employees.
This position will be 2nd shift (12 hours) 6pm - 6:30am
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining systems and equipment within the Coppell, Texas facility, by performing routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance for manufacturing, utilities, and facilities. The position will ensure all activities are performed in compliance with GMP, quality systems regulations, SOPs and health and safety requirements
What you’ll do:
- Train and lead Maintenance Mechanics in performing routine, emergency and preventive maintenance tasks and maintains the master list of equipment and equipment files.
- Follow procedures necessary for safe operation and maintenance of plant equipment and systems and compliance to OSHA, EPA, and applicable regulations.
- Install, maintain, and repair manufacturing equipment, utilities, and facilities for the production and warehousing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
- Coordinate Preventive Maintenance, including assisting with qualification of and implementation of the preventive maintenance computer system.
- Prepare and review, maintenance standard operating procedures, work instructions, and schedules and perform preventive maintenance in a timely manner compliant with preventive maintenance schedules.
- Develop and maintain spare parts inventory system. Safely utilize lockout/tag out and confined space entry programs.
- Maintain the appropriated skill level in order to continue being classified a Class AA mechanic.
Essential for the role:
- High School Diploma
- 3+ years’ experience as a production mechanic or operator in pharmaceutical or similar manufacturing operations
- Knowledge and experience in facilities and utilities
- Knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical systems
- Must be able to read and implement technical specifications, drawings, and equipment related information (e.g., P&ID, electrical/wiring diagrams, equipment manuals and specifications, etc.)
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing operations
- Journeyman License (Electrical, HVAC, Pipefitter, Etc.)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this great opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.