Lead Maintenance Mechanic - Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Lead Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance activates and procedures including routine, emergency, and preventive maintenance for manufacturing, utilities, and facilities within the Coppell, Texas facility, the position will ensure all activities are performed in compliance with GMP, quality systems regulations, SOPs and health and safety requirements.
- Ethical conduct and compliance
- Perform troubleshooting, repair work and preventative maintenance on all plant machinery, equipment, automation and control systems and instrumentation to sustain plant operations at highly efficient levels. Majority of workload will be preventative maintenance.
- Equipment includes mechanical, electrical, and automated control systems
- Install and modify production equipment and machinery. Follow GMP requirements.
- Provide technical support for new equipment and utility system installations and support validation activities
- Document project activities and prepare appropriate operating standards and/or maintenance procedures for all equipment and processes
- Complete documentation process for machinery usage, equipment maintenance and purchases. Complete documentation for all PM's, time sheets, and work orders
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of maintenance activities
- Provide hands-on technical training for maintenance mechanics
- Maintain appropriate inventory of maintenance supplies necessary for this position
- Operate forklift to move equipment/machinery
- Install, maintain, and repair manufacturing equipment, utilities, and facilities for the production and warehousing of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Maintain, organize and archive maintenance related documents
- Support the implementation, validation and utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Prepare, review, and approve maintenance standard operating procedures, work instructions, and schedules
- Perform preventive maintenance in a timely manner compliant with preventive maintenance schedules
- Ensure that work is documented through maintenance work orders and change controls, where applicable
- Ensure that documents are completed appropriately and retained in the appropriate file
- Develop and maintain spare parts inventory system
- Ensure that all work is performed in a timely and cost effective manner in compliance to applicable codes, cGMP, and industry good practices
- Respond to production needs, using good judgment, and make the appropriate repairs
- Ability to read and write to safely utilize lockout/tag out and confined space entry program
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a production mechanic in pharmaceutical or similar manufacturing operations.
- Good knowledge and experience in facilities and utilities (compressed air, HVAC, purified water, etc.) and mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of automated control systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to work flexible hours.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic prints and diagrams and ladder logic programs is desired.
- PC literate and basic understanding of industrial control systems and mechanics.
- Proficient in using hand, power, shop and diagnostic tools.
- Skilled in electrical power/controls, mechanical and fluid handling systems.
- Knowledge of production line packaging, filling equipment and Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Ability to coordinate multiple job effectives, and to handle detailed and broad range projects. Must be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, comprehension) and follow complicated verbal and/or written instructions
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands for extended periods of time. Activities will require stooping, crawling, twisting, kneeling, climbing ladders and walking on roofs
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing operations preferred.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.