Medical Evidence Scientific Leader - Norway, Sweden or Denmark
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
The Nordic-Baltic (NOBA) Marketing Company employs around 450 people across 7 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius. By 2025 AstraZeneca NOBA aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and thus improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high performing teams.
We are now searching for a Medical Evidence Scientific Leader with a flexible location in Oslo, Copenhagen or Stockholm, to join our Nordic Medical Evidence team of 12 persons.
We are offering a unique opportunity to contribute with both clinical and qualitative and quantitative epidemiological research expertise into studies within our expanding portfolio. You will play a crucial role in study design, data analyses, interpretation of findings and in dissemination of scientific results across different therapeutic areas.
The ability to identify evidence gaps (research questions) through cross-functional cooperation and translate these into specific projects is essential for this role.
In order to succeed, it is important to have solid experience within one or more of the following areas: design and analyses of observational/epidemiology studies, qualitative research, patient reported outcomes and data collection, as well as design of randomized trials. Excellent communication skills, a positive can-do attitude and ability to use the expertise from cross-functional teams are crucial.
- Design epidemiological studies, qualitative and RCT studies
- Provide observational and qualitative research expertise in different cross-functional teams
- Be responsible for study protocols, study reports and publications
- Disseminate research findings, eg. as articles, posters and oral presentations for different audiences
- Provide inhouse training within study design and epidemiology
- Contribute to development reimbursement dossiers by writing/reviewing of relevant sections.
- Interaction with health authorities and relevant scientific communities regarding data, relevant study methods and research methodology
- Assures tasks are of high quality and in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements and internal standards
- MD, PhD, or Masters Degree in natural science with preferably 3 years experience in observational research/epidemiology, clinical research, or qualitative research
- Solid hands-on experience from empirical research, including study design, analysis/interpretation of data, and dissemination of results
- In depth knowledge of Nordic health care and health care data sources
- Excellent knowledge in English language and at least one Nordic language
- Integrity and high ethical standards
Why AstraZeneca? Our offer to you
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity - for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential.
We are looking for you, who together with the team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. We at AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself and the department. You will get use for your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
For more information about the position please contact Pål Hasvold, +47 91110184
Welcome with your application no later than January 24th, 2020.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.