Medical Advisor Oncology – Hematology – Nordic-Baltic Marketing Company (NOBA)
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery and development of prescription medicines, with one of our main focus areas being Oncology-hematology.
As part of AstraZeneca the Nordic-Baltic (NOBA) Marketing Company employs around 450 people across 7 countries and has offices located in Södertälje, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Oslo, Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius. By 2025 AstraZeneca NOBA aims to become a recognized leader in its core therapy areas and improve the lives of millions of people. This will be achieved by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high- performing teams.
AstraZeneca Oncology has a long tradition in personalized treatment, and we are now moving into the hematology space. With products on the market (US), and a growing pipeline, we are now expanding our medical team and hiring for a Medical Advisor Hematology in our newest Therapy Franchise Hematology.
AstraZeneca is dedicated to building a great hematology team, and opportunities for your future and ours are big.
As the Medical Advisor Hematology, you are responsible for collaborating with HCPs and share important scientific information to help inform clinical practice. Engage in scientific discussions and support potential HCP initiated clinical research.
You will support the strategy and clinical development of our hematology products, contribute to international & regional studies with medical input on feasibility, choice of study centers, site follow up, and support etc. In this role you ensure implementation and conduct of expanded access programs, safety studies as well as valuable scientific partner to our HCPs involved in investigator-initiated studies.
You will also provide scientific input and insights to real world evidence studies, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
As the Medical Advisor hematology, you will be expected to attend and contribute in cross-functional meetings and projects on a Nordic/Baltic and local level.
The Medical Advisor hematology will be part of building the hematology team internally as well as establishing AstraZeneca`s presence in the external hematology area. You will be responsible for gathering insights and mapping the relevant hematological environment and engaging with the relevant stakeholders in the respective countries.
Ideally you should be based in Denmark and cover local activities in Denmark and Norway countries initially.
Working in AstraZeneca Oncology-hematology you will be part of a large medical team and a growing hematology team. The role will be reporting to the Therapeutic Area Lead, covering Nordic overarching activities and the team. You will also work closely with the other Medical Advisor Hematology as well as the Medical Advisors, Oncology.
- Collaborate closely with HCPs, and other experts, to ensure appropriate use of established and future AZ products
- Contribute in developing study concepts, identify new opportunities, and work closely with national investigators to generate data to help inform clinical practice
- Ensure medical and local input related to e.g. feasibility, site selection and site follow up in clinical trials (AZ and investigator-initiated trials). And support of available early access programs
- Drive proactive and reactive interactions through collecting and sharing medical and scientific knowledge across the oncology portfolio
- Act as a local oncology expert supporting other functions within areas of expertise
- Work cross-functionally to provide medical input on product strategies, cross functional plans and key deliverables including reimbursement dossiers
- Work closely with colleagues across Nordic/Baltic to execute the Medical Affairs Hematology strategy
- Collaborate with, and provide medical support to Medical Information and Regulatory Affairs
- Responsible for medical review in the sign-off process for materials
- Assure quality and deliverables are in accordance with written procedures and current legal requirements and internal standards
- Master’s degree in medicine, pharmacy, dentistry or natural sciences. MD and/or PhD is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge or experience within hematology in clinical practice or from the pharmaceutical industry and/or the Medical Affairs function
- Excellent knowledge in English and fluent in local Danish.
- Structured, organized and being able to keep deadlines without compromising on quality
- Proven ability to understand, assimilate and communicate scientific information
- Ability to collaborate externally and internally
- Excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, health care systems and payer structure
- Possesses business-oriented thinking, and can apply this without compromising the scientific elements of the work
- High ethical standard and good knowledge in pharmaceutical ethical framework
- Driver’s license required
- Based in Denmark
Why AstraZeneca? Our offer to you
When we at AstraZeneca see the chance to change, we take this opportunity - for every opportunity, no matter how small, can be the beginning of something big. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential. We are dedicated to personal development and have a number of different job functions with the medical affairs team, as well as shorter term assignments across the globe.
We are therefore looking for you, who together with your team will make a difference for patients' lives every day. We at AstraZeneca welcome your positive attitude and your desire to develop both yourself and the department. You will get use for your drive and your ability to work carefully and structured even at a high tempo.
Interested? Apply already today!
For more information about the position, please contact hiring manager Gitte Anker tel. + 45 24 83 67 07
Welcome with your CV and a personal letter, in English, no later than 31stDecember, 2019.
Interviews will be held continuously.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.