US Oncology Senior / MSL - GI GU - W. OH / MI / IN
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life. As a Gastro-Intestinal, Genitourinary (GU GI), Head & Neck, Oncology - Medical Science Liaison (can be a Senior role depending on years of experience), you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. The geographic territory for this role includes the Indiana, Michigan, and Western Ohio medical and scientific markets.
In Medical Affairs, we change the practice of medicine and improve the patient experience by generating and communicating compelling medical evidence. We translate the wealth of medical and scientific expertise to ensure the data we produce helps physicians to better treat patients at every point in the journey. As a valued partner across the enterprise, we rely on working together and sharing knowledge to combine science and strategy in a way that advances our pipeline and progresses our journey to redefine cancer treatment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The MSL is a field-based professional with scientific, clinical, and therapeutic area expertise responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's oncology marketed products, new indications for current products, and compounds in development. This vital role engages in scientific exchange with targeted Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) consistent with Medical Affairs and Therapeutic Brand Teams’ objectives.
You will identify and engage key customers with scientific expertise and business knowledge of AstraZeneca's marketed products and pipeline. This includes developing peer-level relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Key Decision Makers (KDMs), and researchers consistent with Scientific and Medical Affairs strategy and objectives along with identifying pre-clinical, clinical, and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the goals of Clinical Development activities and Therapeutic Brand Teams initiatives.
A robust Sr/MSL provides meaningful information that improves the value and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products to partners; respond to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s products and services and deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates AstraZeneca’s products.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Adhering to standard processes
- Follow regulatory and compliance requirements
- Sustaining expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape.
- Masters of Science or higher in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Nursing or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in US Healthcare or US Pharmaceutical industry, scientific marketing, or clinical development
- Knowledge of US Oncology customer segments and market dynamics
- Proven expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Experience with clinical research
- Must physically reside within the geographic radius of assigned market
- Excellent project management ability
- Excellent public speaking and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Detailed knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50% of the time, local, regionally, and nationally. Company car provided.
- Doctorate in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Life Sciences, Nursing or equivalent
- 3+ years of proven experience as a current or most recent US Pharmaceutical medical liaison for Sr. MSL consideration
- Familiarity with the US Drug Discovery and drug development process
- Minimum of 3 years experience in US Oncology (academia, pharmaceutical, or other) preferred; US Pharmaceutical proven experience in immuno-oncology strongly preferred
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.