JOB TITLE : SENIOR MANAGER
CAREER LEVEL: E3
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will provide delivery leadership across systems and applications in the patient safety portfolio
- You have previously worked as a software engineer at a senior level and have handled and developed (technically) a team of robust software engineers responsible for multiple products, particularly a portfolio environment.
- You enjoy helping developers become the best they can be, using your experience to give guidance and help solve problems.
- Experience in data access technologies and patterns including SQL experience and proven abilities in SQL and data modelling is required.
- Experience in a wide range of software technologies: Java/.NET, Struts, Oracle, Jenkins or cloud native CI/CD, REST, Web Services, JUnit, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Cloud, JIRA, Service Now Components.
- Appreciation of event driven architecture using microservices and distributed data patterns.
- You are confident in leading Engineers on standard methodologies on technology or key architectural concepts as needed
- You understand the importance of sustainability and are comfortable to have trade off conversations around technical debt
- You are customer-focused, success is measured by how well your team is delivering against requirements
- You are technically competent and curious, with a passion to explore, iterate, fail, and learn.
- You will develop the team of developers and recruit contract engineering resources to supplement the team
- You will ensure supportability of systems, implement and lead monitoring solutions
- You will be responsible for collaboration across supporting groups, remove impediments, be accountable for Service Design, Acceptance criteria handling, Technical Debt handling and other service processes ( such as Event Monitoring, Request Fulfilment, Knowledge management, Periodic reviews etc.)
- You will ensure system health and availability per the expectations, meeting Disaster recovery scenarios, ensure stability, failover and resiliency
- You will be responsible for communications in case of break fix scenarios (P1/P2, Emergency Change related communications). Escalate to the Platform Lead/Owner in case of conflicts and ensure prioritization of such scenarios.
- You will provide a holistic view of the safety portfolio for both technology and business stakeholders, working closely as a trusted partner for senior business heads.
- You will own audit and GxP compliance-related processes in a highly matrixed environment.
- Focus on people development, evaluating resource performance and making decisions on pay, hiring, training and other personnel actions.
- 14 to 16 years of hands on software development experience and solution and service delivery
- Experience working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Splunk and AppDynamics
- Experience of vendor/technology selection to fulfil specific gaps in the solution stack
- Experience working with global teams, delivering and supporting solutions
Patient Safety and GxP
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of high-reaching self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering premier technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.