Senior Manager - Operations Service
SENIOR MANAGER - OPERATIONS SERVICE
CAREER LEVEL: E1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that
focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Delivery of end-to-end Application Services through the operational management of the AZ Chennai eDiscovery platform Development & Support teams, other internal teams and third-party suppliers across the service management disciplines
- Responsible for all aspects of team management including Planning, Recruitment, Skills Development and Performance Evaluation
- Work in Partnership with End to End Capability Service Managers (E2ECSM), Project Managers & Business Relationship Managers to deliver Application Lifecycle plans that align to IT roadmaps and business priorities.
- Evangelize the adoption of DevOps tools and capabilities within the business and IT community
- Identify cross-team dependencies early in the Project life cycle.
- Maintains Technical roadmap, working with Organizational Change teams to identify system and technical environment changes that may impact the project.
- Extends the conceptual design of the overall integration solution by developing the process, data, and application integration components into a functional design.
Candidate Focus & Challenge
- Responsible for the delivery of IT services to the agreed E2E service levels (SLA)
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Solution architect and E2ECSM, for undertaking the application risk management activity and communicating and agreeing the aggregated risk position with the CF IT
- Ensures that the IT Service Delivery Framework is adhered to by support
- Ensures that the application operates within and aligns with any regulatory, financial or internal AstraZeneca standards (GxP, SOx).
- Has the main responsibility for Capacity Management.
- Has main responsibility for maintaining and updating all documentation associated to the service throughout its lifecycle.
- Responsible for the Configuration data being accurate and maintained on the AZ CI tool throughout the lifecycle of the application
- A key partner in accepting the service into live operation through the Service Introduction Process
- Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities. Participate in code reviews.
- Inform the Technical lead and IT Programme manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the Project.
- Ensure any defects and performance problems discovered in testing are resolved.
- Design the workflow user interfaces for each business process activity requiring human interaction.
- Focus on people development, evaluating resource performance and making decisions on pay, hiring, training and other personnel actions.
- Has a supporting responsibility in enabling the e2ecsm to produce an aggregated performance report that is linked to the business performance reporting such that IT performance can be clearly aligned to business outcome.
- Provides estimates and Works Order for the development work required in a project
- Receives Work Packages from the IT Project coordinator and gives the project manager regular Checkpoint Reports.
- Work closely with infrastructure lead and Architects to eliminate any road blocks or resolve issues
- Ensure alignment to all quality and standards. Including Architecture, Software, Coding, Web and Security Standards,
- Works with IT Programme Lead to develop and/or review estimates and estimating assumptions for the Project’s schedule
- Responsible for delivering the components of the Service Acceptance Criteria as part of the Service Introduction work
- Works with suppliers and third parties to resolve any technical issues that AstraZeneca IT is responsible for.
- Create client presentable slides, videos and case studies.
- Has a supporting responsibility for Decommissioning; Executing the Process and completing the decommissioning activities throughout the technology stack
- Has supporting responsibility for the DR testing and co-ordinating associated activities across the eco system.
- Experience working with JIRA, Service Now and Automated Testing tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, CI CD tools - Ansible, etc)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Overall 10+ years of hands on software development experience, solutions and service delivery
- 5+ years in management or technical lead roles
- ITIL certified and / or relevant experience
- Knowledge on tools and technologies that support Finance, HR and Legal business functions (Cloud/SaaS service integrations, Packaged software management/software vendor management, Bespoke software management)
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Splunk and AppDynamics
- Should have experience in a validated environment and aware of GxP & SOx requirements.
- Evidence of shaping innovative solutions that have a major impact within the business area and organisation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team & expected to manage a 10 to 15 member team
- Able to grasp and understand new technological trends / concepts
- Technology stack (.NET, Java, Oracle ADF, Springboot, eDiscovery tools, Elastic Search, Python, & CI/CD DevOps tools, AI capabilities – RPA, Intelligent Automation, Hyper Automation, NLP and Machine Learning)
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.