Senior Manager - Legal Counsel
JOB TITLE: SENIOR MANAGER - LEGAL COUNSEL
CAREER LEVEL: E3
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Drafting, Reviewing, revising and negotiating agreements
- Support in drafting of Policies and other documents
- Maintaining, updating and revising contract templates and MIS
- General Legal(30%):
- Advising and responding to legal inquiries from in-house clients that may relate to regulatory issues, data privacy, real estate, employment laws, social media, ethical issues and general legal matters
- Responsible for proactively monitoring and advising on emerging regulations
- Handling legal disputes and management reporting
- Support in Corporate Secretarial matters & Risk management
- Legal Compliance (20%):
- Ensure operations are conducted in compliance with all legal requirements
- Monitoring statutory compliance, identifying gaps and highlighting the same for corrective actions
- General Administrative(10%) duties including file maintenance, preparing MIS and other reports, tracking legal budgets and spends, support in audits and keeping all the legal documents securely
- 6-9 years’ experience in a multicultural company
- Good legal acumen with strong experience in negotiating agreements
- Working knowledge of Data Privacy, Intellectual Property, Technology Laws & Healthcare Regulations
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize time sensitive tasks in a high-paced environment
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Good team player with ability to operate independently and collaboratively
- Ability to build trusted working relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism and attention to detail
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering premier technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.