JOB TITLE:SENIOR CONSULTANT
CAREER LEVEL: D1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that
focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Architect, design, develop, test, deploy and support desktop, web, and mobile applications on-premise and in the cloud.
- Gather business requirements and develop related software applications and programs.
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products.
- Design and develop testing and maintenance procedures and activities.
- Develop and write high quality coding that meets customer requirements.
- Create software documentation and update existing documentation.
- Provide production support for incidents and problems coming through ticketing system
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues Motivation to meet tight deadlines and to perform individually whilst working as part of distributed team.
- Ability to clearly articulate and demonstrate value proposition to customers through consulting services engagements.
- Ability to absorb technical information and communicate this clearly to varied audience.
- Ensure that applications are monitored and consistently deliver high level of availability and performance.
- Pro-actively identify and report improvements to services within the business capability application portfolio.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- 6 to 8 years of IT experience in Application Development on .Net Technologies
- 4+ years of hands on working experience of Model View Controller (MVC) 4.0 or greater
- 4+ years of Web application development experience working with ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC, WebAPI or WPF, Angular Js, HTML5, jQuery, and CSS3
- Experience and profound knowledge on AD tools Visual Studio 2008 to 2017, Toad, MS SQL Management Studio, Jenkins, JIRA, Bitbuket, GIT, TFS, etc.
- SQL proficient can handle: complex, nested, and, recursive queries, and understands the terminology
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accountable for Quality of Estimation and Coding coming out of the GTC Enabling Units IT teams
- Accountable for managing incremental, lifecycle or improvement driven changes e.g. re-platforming, up-versioning, migration to externally hosted solutions
- Knows Languages – C#, ASP.net MVC, and scripting
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.