JOB TITLE: SENIOR CONSULTANT
CAREER LEVEL: D1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that
focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Gather Requirements – Able to interact with business users, understand the requirement and convert them into development components in Redshift mart available to use for MicroStrategy reports.
- Data source integration - Retrieving heterogeneous data and combing it as an incorporated form and structure. Data integration will allow different data types (such as data sets, documents and tables) to be merged by users, organizations and applications.
- Connect different commercial data sources to the IM global data hub
- Extract commercial data from the IM global data hub and other sources and move the data to data marts
- Participate in activities including support of project and BAU application development, including efforts to plan, engineer and design applications.
Maintains data security and data privacy
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Integration across AZ IT
- Supports Capability teams by pick-up demands and deliver solutions.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Continuous Improvement
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of industry trends and proactively identifies opportunities to drive innovation across the Information Management platform and capabilities
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree level education in computer science, Bachelor´s degree in Information Technology or similar
- At least 8-10 years of ETL experience and least 5-6 years of AWS Experience
- Strong working Experience inAWS services- Redshift, EMR, S3, Athena, etc. Spark / Pyspark, Big data, cloud services concept
- Strong SQL skills is mustScripting knowledge (Unix/Python)
- Strong working experience in extracting and loading from disparate data sets using Informatica and other ETL tools
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Good leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Demonstrated skills in multi-disciplinary, multi-tenant global programs/projects
- Experience of effective working in a multi-cultural team
- Planning experience with globally working teams including all phases of the application lifecycle.
- Experience in Translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of results-oriented self-starters who give to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering extraordinary technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.