Senior Consultant- InnoTech
Job Title: Senior Consultant- InnoTech
Location: TRIL GTC
GCL : D3
- Innotech is our Innovation Technology team part of the Digital Innovation Paradigm for Global Infrastructure Services.
- As an InnoTech, you are encouraged to identify improvements in several areas. These include optimising technical processes, technical tasks and technologies that are new or not part of the reference architecture. Your approach, development skills and ops skills will bridge the gap and result in automating the desired outcome. With the fore thinking of reuse across a breadth of AZIT/CFIT platforms, this artefact is then added to the reference library of templates for future use.
- Team process and approach is repeated and continually improved, with the use of our reference library this accelerates the onboarding of new AZIT/CFITs and efficiencies when driving improvements to our current AZIT/CFIT base. These process follows Agile principles.
- Innotech Product Engineers performing the role of being the core technical team breaking down sprint stories to tasks and delivering them working with the Product Leads. Typical workstyle is to pull stories and tasks to deliver.
- Will also ensure key measures for delivery are managed to expectations, like Allocation and burndowns, prioritization, deployment frequency, Sprint Cycle efficiencies, change rate, change failures and operational performance of the delivered service etc.,
- Strong Knowledge and used DevOps methods and knowledge of Kubernetes/Containers.
- As an InnoTech, you will engage daily with internal and external clients/teams. AZIT/CFIT satisfaction is very important, all interactions need to be consistent, responsive, timely and collaborative.
- Strong DevOps Knowledge and skillset to lead the team of DevOps engineers.
- You are not shy and like to share your ideas.
- With the use of automation, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of cloud-based solutions. This includes the capability to build multiple environments, automatically deploy AZIT/CFIT application(s) and continuous integration tools.
- AZIT/CFIT success is paramount to ‘what’ we do and ‘why’, as an InnoTech you will engage and work closely with AZIT/CFIT development teams to make changes earlier, more often, within development and test environments.
- Working within a global team that delivers change on a weekly cycle, you can prioritise your workload, speak up and request assistance from peers to deliver and on time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High levels of self organisation and the ability to multi task across customers.
- Strong capability to engage, collaborate and raise discussions with the internal and customer teams.
- Demonstrate the capability to problem solve, look for solutions and communicate these openly in a timely manner.
- Critical thinking capacity, ability to see implications of actions and technical design.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Core Skills(Hybrid Cloud):
- Understanding and experience in supporting applications in Public Cloud - AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP.
- Understanding and experience in supporting applications in Private Cloud environments.
- A good understanding and hands on experience of using Linux and Windows platforms.
- Understanding and experience in supporting applications in Container Platforms.
- DevOps and Automation Skills:
- Experience with using cloud infrastructure automation tools, ie: Cloudformation
- Experience in orchestration and provisioning tools is required eg: Morpheus/Ansible/Terraforms
- Experience with the development of Continuous Integration build pipelines and management of these, ie: Jenkins
- Proven experience with scripting languages, ie: Ruby, Python NodeJS
- Agile Delivery
- Understanding and experience of Agile principles and use of Jira
- Other Skills and Certification:
- Desirable to have experience with programming languages, ie: Java, C+, C++ and NodeJS
- Amazon Web Services Certifications - must have entry level AWS Associate certifications SysOps Administrator or Developer.
- Microsoft Azure Certifications – Helpful to have Microsoft Certifications Solutions Associate (MCSA), Specialist (MCSE) or Developer (MCSD).
Styles/Values and Attitudes
- You can absolutely by trusted with very sensitive information
- Must have a positive can do approach and work along side peers who are like minded that are constantly learning through customer outcomes.
- Prepared to adjust known methods to fit in with processes, customer requirements and find new ways of doing things.
- Know when to take initiative, speak up and are prepared to do so.
- Realise that customer success is our success, so you must want to help our customers achieve their objectives.
- Research and Development aspirations, you will need to want to push the boundaries through continuous learning/experiments/trials of new ideas.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Post Graduation with 3 to 5 yrs of total IT Experience
- Very Good Communication and Stakeholders Management Skills.
Skills and Capabilities
- Experience with at least 3 yrs of Cloud Technology, DevOps, Automation and Good Interpersonal Skills
- Proficient in Cloud based Technology Tools
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.