Senior Consultant - Cloud Data & Analytics Developer
AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. Our growth platforms are doing extremely well, and the impact of our older products decline is starting to reduce. And, with the potential of our pipeline and new medicines, we can be confident in our ability to sustain growth for years to come and make an even bigger difference to patients around the world.
At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Our vision of a great place to work is one in which all our employees are engaged and inspired by a clear shared purpose and a compelling strategy; where they are encouraged to perform and develop to their full potential; and where they are supported by the right organization design, culture, technology, and processes.
As a Data & Analytics engineer you will support solution development, take responsibility for delivery. You will work almost exclusively with AWS services and join a team that has delivered cloud solutions, such as the development of auto-scaling data integration and analytic platform. Similarly, we have built an automated cloud ETL test harness which integrates with our evolving CI/CD processes. We have an exciting pipeline of work, so you might be developing a data hub processing terabytes of clinical trial data, the world’s largest genomics platform, a federated reporting capability, a new tax analytics platform, or improvements to any of our existing analytics solutions.
You'll be part of a team of engineers who work closely with IT colleagues in the UK, US, Sweden, India, and Mexico. We have business partners and team members spread globally, so you would need a collaborative delivery approach to be successful. We prefer to use Agile, but choose the appropriate approach for the project. Do you have a real passion for delivering well-engineered data and analytics solutions? Because this will make you stand out from other specialists.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalency (Computer Science or similar engineering discipline)
- 4+ years overall IT industry experience
- Hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS
- Hands-on experience using compute, storage, database and application integration AWS services
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management services
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement
- Knowledge of recommended best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language, associated frameworks, idioms, and best practices
- Experience of building unit tests, integration tests, system tests, and acceptance tests
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience in DevOps, using continuous integration and continuous development
- Experience in Shell Scripting, SQL
- Understanding of data analysis – profiling, investigating, interpreting and documenting data structures
- Familiarity with data modeling techniques
- Familiar with Agile project delivery methodology
OVERALL YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
7 to 9 years of experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.