Senior Consultant - Chem-Informatics
JOB TITLE : SENIOR CONSULTANT
CAREER LEVEL: D3
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that
focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Work closely within the team and with scientific colleagues across AstraZeneca early science units to ensure informatics and advanced analytics solutions meet the ongoing needs of all scientists.
- Develop informatics solutions, e.g., using pipelining approaches, scripting and application integration to address key issues of the early science (DMTA) space.
- Contribute to and potentially lead local and global science IT/informatics projects in DMTA space.
- Understand and seek opportunities to apply artificial intelligence & machine learning to the world of chemistry and biology informatics.
- Seek solutions that streamline the data workflow across early science and ensure all scientists can access the right data required.
- Research external peers, academics and software providers to apply the latest methods to relevant business problems.
- Work closely with data scientists, machine learning, engineering and platform teams to utilize the latest algorithms to deliver improved data and information to early science project teams.
- Work with informatics colleagues in our Hub and Global Technology Centre (GTC) in Chennai to deliver high quality informatics solutions.
- Promote AstraZeneca’s informatics and data science reputation through external publications and presentations.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Masters / PhD in (chem)informatics or a pharmaceutical scientific discipline or similar field, with a demonstrable record of informatics delivery in a pharmaceutical/biotech setting.
- Experience working with relevant software and toolkits from vendors and providers such as Biovia, Perkin-Elmer, Chemaxon, Openeye, Dotmatics, Certara, Genedata, RDKit etc.
- Experience working directly with relevant vendors as above.
- DMTA cycle pipelining experience, e.g., Pipeline Pilot or Knime,
- Database and semantic proficiency and experience (e.g. Oracle, MySql, RDF/Triple stores/SPARQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud environment and related technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills, ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.