Senior Analyst- IT Service Insights & Analytics
Job Title: Senior Analyst- IT Service Insights & Analytics
Location: TRIL GTC
GCL : D1
Astra Zeneca is a global, innovation-driven bio-pharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At Astra Zeneca, we're proud to have an outstanding workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The Astra Zeneca IT function has undergone significant transformation to improve performance and perception of the function and is now focusing on delivering a great customer experience and overall service excellence. Astra Zeneca End User Services function is committed to deliver excellent customer service and really focus on the customer experience to ensure our IT services meet current and future business needs.
The End User Services function provides IT Services for the entire AZ organisation. Truly global in scale we have team members across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
Function / Team -
The Service Excellence team are responsible for service and operational support, working with customer communities and ensuring AZ IT are continually improving the effectiveness and efficiency of IT processes and services.
Purpose and accountability
This role will work under the direction of the IT Service Insights & Analytics lead to develop Insights and Analytics tooling capabilities and provide analytical support to peers conducting Insights/Analytics activity and to stakeholders in IT Functions where support is required.
- To conduct Analytics tooling development
- To assist in continuous improvement by collaborating with the wider Insights and Analytics team and IT function teams to identify, prioritize, and build analytical capabilities, Service Insights and Service Metrics
- To communicate with partners including:
- Leading all aspects of delivery of regular reports on IT Service performance/trends
- Communicating Insights findings from analysis to service teams and senior leadership
- As a Lead Domain Expert in Analytical capabilities to provide explanations, training, and information to colleagues and partners including resolver teams and senior management
Candidate Focus & Challenge:
- In collaboration with analysts recommend, design, test and deliver Analytical capabilities for use in the provision of Insights capability to enable teams to develop improvement strategy
- Overall monitoring of the effectiveness and efficiency of ITIL processes
- Analyse and provide insight on trends in customer service (for example calls/e-mail/e-chats) and associated data to identify improvement areas
- Lead the development of Continuous Improvement activities that will improve both team and wider ITIL function process and procedures
- Communicate widely with people from all areas of the company and at all levels, including formal presentations
- Work cross-functionally and drive performance with:
E2E Customer Service Managers Third party suppliers for operational activities Resolver Teams Wider AZ GTC teams
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing SQL frameworks for managing data held in a relational database
- Experience in presenting data from databases in Microsoft Power BI or equivalent visualization tools
- Excellent working knowledge of the different ITIL Processes
- Higher level qualifications or demonstrable experience in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics or Economics (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable ability to review and process disparate sets of data to produce findings (including reports and insights), make decisions, propose, communicate and deliver on agreed recommendations
- Strong capability to communicate complex information to different teams and/or senior leadership
- Adept problem solver with the ability to focus on the overall goal
- Resilient, with a positive approach, even when setbacks/ hurdles occur
- Proactive approach to learning new frameworks and IT languages as required for the role
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working with teams locally and globally
- Significant demonstrable experience of using analytical tools (including Excel) to structure, transform, and visually represent complex data clearly, meaningfully and in a way appropriate to the audience
- Significant demonstrable experience of modelling, analysis and forecasting (using Excel)
- Significant demonstrable experience of writing reports, preparing slides (using PowerPoint) and giving formal presentations
- Significant Proven experience of making service improvements
- Knowledge or experience of process improvement techniques, such as Six Sigma or LEAN
- Experience of Service Now reporting
- Experience of leading teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.