Senior Analyst - Insight
Job Title: Senior Analyst
Location: TRIL GTC Chennai
Job Description / Capsule
The Insights Analyst will direct the preparation of data-driven insights for business decision-makers to help develop business intelligence, optimize effectiveness and/or predict business outcomes. The role will drive the analysis of data to support the business processes they are enabling (e.g. Supply Chain, manufacturing, Quality, etc.) and through analysis specify reports and data visualizations (e.g., charts, dashboards, heat maps) to aid in data storytelling within the defined project scope. The role employs the use of dedicated business intelligence applications and may also use analytical software such as R, Python, Dataiku and others. They may create and maintain exploratory and predictive analytics statistical models for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis of data.
- Be visible on internal social media promoting analytics and team deliverables, showcasing benefits and driving adoption of the AZ analytics platforms.
- Develop, implement and support analytical and data visualization solutions designed to drive the interrogation of datasets for insights in business application areas within the defined project scope.
- Translates business problems into the appropriate analytics problem and solutions
- Build effective relationships with an established range of stakeholders to ensure the utilization and value of information resources and services. Clearly and objectively communicate results, as well as their associated uncertainties and limitations
- Provide expertise in exploratory, descriptive and predictive data analytics to cross-functional projects in order to execute defined solutions that drive value to AstraZeneca
- Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, standard methodology and new developments in analytics
- Implement working practices to ensure that work is delivered to robust quality standards
Investigate and analysis Support and BAU activities working alongside our DevOps team to deliver demand.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven skills and experience of promoting and marketing of previous data analytic and visualization projects ideally via videos and social media.
- Good understanding of at least one business area from either Supply Chain or manufacturing.
- Demonstrates previous experience in bridging the gap between IT and the business using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and reports to executives and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analytics and visualization tools at least one of more of Qliksense, PowerBI, SQL, Python
- Senior Stakeholder management experience
- Bachelors Degree.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and present in a succinct fashion to stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business analysis, and consultancy skills.
- Graduate degree in data & Analytics, mathematics, computer science, statistics or a related quantitative discipline.
- Comfortable working in high-performance computing or cloud environment
- Familiarity with AWS database systems (e.g. EMR, Presto, Hudi)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.