Role and Responsibilities
- Develop outline project approaches, detailed project plans, cost budgets and time lines that support the Delivery teams in developing to requirement and assist them in meeting relevant stakeholder needs
- Ensure that an assigned project is appropriately constructed with well-defined deliverables and work streams and that these are delivered in the timeframe and to the cost budget as agreed with stakeholders
- Identify, assess and escalate risks to the success of the project, raising awareness of risks in a timely manner to ensure cost-effective and prompt resolution of issues in strict adherence to agreed Risk Management methods
- Ensure all stakeholders are engaged and remain committed to assigned projects and have complete and continuing awareness of the project plan, key milestones, progress to date and plans to completion, providing regular and accurate reports on progress, issues and plans to relevant stakeholders and escalating any issues to AZ management as per agreed Escalation Procedures
- Ensure effective stakeholder management by actively representing the project team to relevant stakeholders, ensuring that relationships are built and maintained inside the organization and by ensuring that effective and agreed project governance processes are implemented
- Monitor costs, timescales, resources used and the performance of team members taking action where these deviate from agreed levels and tolerances and ensuring that stakeholders are provided with status reports as agreed
- Record and deliver stakeholder’s quality expectations of the project and the constituent deliverables, ensuring that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and that stakeholders and team members all understand, are committed to and deliver to those expectations
- Ensure that projects are formally closed and that end of project and lessons learned reviews are completed in order to ensure that lessons learned are captured and passed to the relevant forum for action
Essential Skills and experience
- Strong SAP experience in any functional or technical modules
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience working in globally distributed team.
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Excellent Team Player, with experience in working with cross cultural teams
- Recent and relevant experience of at-least 5 years of project management in SAP projects with a track record of delivering to required standards
- Hands on experience is preparing
- Planning artefacts (Project Management Document, Configuration Management plan, Quality Management Plan, Project Schedule, Resource Plan, Training Plan, Communication Plan, Risk & issue Management Plan)
- Tracking artefacts (MSP, Activity Tracking Sheet, Defects Logs)
- Exposure to Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) / Root Cause Analysis / Ishikawa Diagrams / Pareto Analysis
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Project Plan
Desirable Skills and experience
- SAP Solution Manager experience preferred
- Experience working in a shared service environment
- PMP certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master / Familiar with Agile Methodology
Basic Understanding on Six Sigma Concepts
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.