Management Tooling Product Engineer - Chennai / Guadalajara
Job Description / Capsule
The Enterprise Tools Management Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, and support of AstraZeneca Enterprise Tools & Services. This will involve all aspects of planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of solutions, and may involve working closely with third party suppliers. The role will also be involved in providing recommendations on enhancements, monitoring the performance and support maintenance of deployed solutions. The IT Infrastructure Engineer will adhere to the established AstraZeneca lifecycle methodology and practices and will be familiar with applications/infrastructure that their solutions will impact.
- Provides technical expertise to project teams working on the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of Enterprise IT Management Tools & Systems
- Provides input into business cases, Request for Proposals, supplier selection and evaluation of proposals
- Works with project teams to ensure effective interoperability of services and technologies and assures alignment of solution designs with AstraZeneca standards, policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements
- Reviews impact assessments and delivery from internal or third party teams. Reports high-level risks to management
- Works with Business Analysts to draw out, understand and validate business and functional requirements needed to ensure required service effects
- Design Enterprise IT Management Systems & Tools and define business solutions, ensuring alignment with business strategies and priorities, as well as the target benefits, value expected and established AstraZeneca standards and security policies
- Identifies opportunities to optimize, consolidate and transform enterprise tools and systems to fit specialised business needs and configurations
- Develops and configures solutions as required from conceptualisation through to stabilisation using various tool platforms
- Conduct performance analysis and documents solution components and recommendations
- Implement test plans for Tools and Systems deployment (including functionality, integrity and stress testing; test matrices; and definition of test methodologies and strategy)
- Implements solutions by analysing current system environments and infrastructures, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customisations, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software
- Ensures maintenance and support activities are performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service levels
- Through Innovative infrastructure solutions and process change programmes drive higher levels of service and customer experience
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Relevant qualifications in Enterprise IT Monitoring and Management Tools
- Evidence of designing, implementation and integration of innovative infrastructure management system and services
- Prior experience in an Information Services/Information Technology environment with good business acumen
- Proven experience of managing relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures and guidelines
- Well versed in ITIL V3.0 practices and process
- Good understanding of IT Service Management Processes
Skills and Capabilities
- 10~15 years of experience in owning and managing Enterprise IT Monitoring and Management Tools, including end-to-end lifecycle Management
- Good communication skills supporting joint working with geographically remote colleagues
- Proven track record of designing, engineering, and supporting enterprise management and monitoring tooling
- Design and develop tools/applications integration solutions
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language
- Proven, excellent industry experience and ability to interact effectively and lead technology roadmaps with 3rd parties
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of the external market
- Demonstrate initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
- Experience in working with IT Infrastructure Management Tools, APIs & Integration
- Experience in Managing Management Tools from SolarWinds, Cisco, Splunk, Netbox, Tanium, Aternity, etc
- Knowledge in Itential/Automation
- Knowledge in YAML
Key Relationships to reach solutions
Internal (to AZ or team)
- Project Management
- Information Architecture
- Applications Engineering
- Business Analyst
- Integrated Assurance
- Service Introduction and Service Delivery
External (to AZ)
- Third Party Suppliers / External Consultants
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.