JOB TTILE: LEAD CONSULTANT
CAREER LEVEL: E1
Maximise your impact as an Architect
We help others to understand why we do what we do. It’s up to us to make the difference – the more our value is understood and used, the more we get involved in early stages of the system lifecycle to deliver greater value. We develop architectures that impact the enterprise, technology domains and services, enabling AstraZeneca to be a digital business.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a collective of technical experts, bringing deep specialism and forward thinking to resolve complex ideas. We understand the data, managing and exploring it to ensure that patients and employees get genuine benefits from our Technology ecosystem. Here we put technology to good use. Working together seamlessly to find the best way to bring the most value for the business
This is a place to move fast and create a huge footprint through continuous learning and growing.
About the role
- Quantitative Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required in one of the following or related fields: Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, Computer Science or Data Science. An advanced degree is preferred (Master’s, MBA or PhD).
- 2+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech / Healthcare analytics or secondary data analysis.
- 4+ years of experience in application of advanced methods and statistical procedures on large and disparate datasets, specifically:
- Statistical Analysis & Modelling: Design of Experiments, Time Series, Regression, Applied Econometrics and Bayesian methods.
- Data Mining, Predictive Modelling & Machine Learning algorithms.
- Optimization & Simulation.
- 2+ years of recent experience and proficiency with Python, R, SQL and big data technology - Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera distribution - Impala, Hive, Hbase, Spark, MapReduce etc.,).
- Working knowledge of data visualization – MicroStrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview, D3js or similar tools.
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Proficiency in manipulating and extracting insights from large longitudinal data sources, such as Claims, EMR and other patient level data sets.
- Expertise in managing and analyzing a range of large, secondary transactional databases is required.
- Statistical analysis and modelling background
- ML a plus
- Experience with IQVIA data sets
- Experience with data visualization methods and tools
- Ability to derive, summarize and communicate insights from analyses
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- Knowledge of AZ brand and science is mandatory
- Experience using Big Data, is a plus. Exposure to SPARK is desirable
- Should have Excellent Analytical, Problem Solving ability. Should be able to grasp new concepts quickly
WHY JOIN US ?
As Architects, we connect the dots across the business to improve the agility and functionality of our processes to accelerate AstraZeneca to the next level. There’s so much potential to influence and drive change, it’s a big challenge if you’re up for it.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.