ETS - Service Design and Transition Specialist - Chennai
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Service Design and Transition Specialist is responsible for the delivery of the agreed service artefacts (design and transition phases) on a project and the seamless transition into the BAU or equivalent functions, executing the ATS process. The role reports to the Service Design Manager/Lead. Focus areas include non functional requirements, service team set up including ServiceNow & support teams training and the ATS process.
The role is also responsible for driving Service & Service Design awareness across delivery teams within ETS Global Delivery to enable ‘service thinking’ from the beginning of any project. Additionally the role will ensure that any new service strategies or changes, for agreed areas, are communicated across the relevant teams.
Reports to the Service Design Lead or Manager and will support these roles on strategic projects
- · Works on a portfolio of projects and manages them from Design to Transition into the Service team(s). These
- projects may range from applications to buildings
- · Works closely with the Project Delivery team and Service or Platform Manager(s)
- · Works closely with IT Service Management community across ETS and other IT functions, as needed
. Responsible for owning and ensuring execution of the Acceptance into Service end-to-end process activities with a key focus on supportability, affordability and the overall customer effectiveness. Plus assuring compliance is maintained with the guidelines that regulate the AstraZeneca business, e.g SoX, Privacy, and GxP
. Responsible for regular performance management reporting and roadmap of projects to Service Design Lead or Manager
· Responsible for working with Project and Service Design Managers to
o Deliver the end to end Service Definition including
- Support Models which align with AZ strategy, including SLAs
- Governance Models which align with the project & BAU organisations
- BAU cost model & budgets for the new service
- Collaboration with Enterprise/Solution Architects for service definition within Solution Blueprint
- Identification of any gaps in resource or funding for the BAU organisation with agreed owners for resolution
o Ensure early engagement of Service on projects including business cases and with Service Manager/BAU
o Ensure Non Functional Requirements (URS/user stories) are clearly defined, documented and agreed to
meet Service Design and Operational requirements. This may include documenting user stories
o Ensure Third party or vendor agreements exist that include support and maintenance to meet the agreed
o Ensure Service Design thinking is embedded within the delivery of new capabilities as part of the project
team and alignment with ETS Service Design Framework
o Ensure Voice of the User is considered in system and operational design, for example ease of use and
o Providing SME to the project team for
- Operational requirements for any new service or building
- Latest ETS service strategy or processes
· Service Transition (Building or Application) – Responsible for the following on projects or significant change to existing services:
o Service set up within ServiceNow such as CMDB and knowledge articles o Ensures and delivers, where appropriate, end to end service team set up (business & IT) – knowledge transfer plans, training material and support any resource/recruitment activities
o Delivery of Support Model training to the Business & IT Support teams including Service Desk and AskIT
o Establish the governance and change management processes for each service in conjunction with the Service Manager and other key stakeholders · Service Assurance (Building or Application) – Responsible for
o Applications – executing the Acceptance To Service process including delivery of the Service Design Assessment and Service Acceptance Criteria
o Buildings – delivery & management of Service Readiness process
o Responsible for ensuring key stakeholders are aware of and understand any associated risks and gaps, along with any mitigation plans ·
Responsible for maintaining knowledge of latest changes or strategy from an IT service perspective ·
Escalates to Service Design Lead or Manager any risks or unresolved issues.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- Technical or Business Degree or proven relevant
- · 24+ months of proven relevant experience with Service
- Design and/or Introduction processes
- · ServiceNow knowledge and experience
- · Experience working in and across diverse, global teams
- and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive
- · Proven experience of developing a network across ETS
- or other IT function
- Proven experience of Service Management and associated service provision and operational support
- · ITIL v3 certification
- · Experience in creating and/or delivering training material
- · Technical skills, awareness and experience
Skills and Capabilities
- Working knowledge of project management (ADF) and AZ Service management key processes such as incident, change, CMDB and knowledge
- Acceptance into Service ·
- Good stakeholder management, communication and relationship building skills to various levels ·
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a willingness to take the initiative and be helpful. ·
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively and make decisions in pressure situations
- Understanding of AZ policies, procedures, guidelines and risk management assessment within regulatory / governance environment
- Project delivery and Business Analysis background or experience · Influencing and innovation skills experience ·
- Knowledge of Lean & Agile ways of working ·
- Excellent communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objective ·
- Excellent written and verbal skills, fluent English
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.