ETS – CMDB Product Owner – Chennai / Guadalajara
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The CMDB Product Owner will manage all Product management activities to ensure that CMDBis delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and business requirements, and new and improved services are developed and implemented without risk to business functions.
The role will also focus on the development and implementation of performance measurement and management mechanisms to drive service enhancements andseek opportunities to enhance IT’s contribution and value to the business
- Assess internal and third party supplier services against relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and customer satisfaction requirements and lead periodic verifications of supplier counts in relation to consumption of services and associated invoicing
- Manage CMDB delivery processes including Service Level Management, Financial Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management and Continuity Management and ensure that service management tools and processes are implemented in accordance with AstraZeneca standards and procedures
- Manage CMDB management processes, including the design, configuration, and implementation of CMDB components for new and enhanced solutions and services
- Ensure that key service support processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management and Release Management, are implemented and effective
- Provide a point of focus for all capacity, availability and performance-related issues to match IT capacity to agreed business demands ensuring that availability targets in all areas are measured and achieved, and that they match or exceed the current and future agreed needs of the business in a cost-effective manner
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand business challenges and identify current and future requirements so that demand for externally provided services is captured, prioritised and met.
- Work collaboratively with:
- Integrated assurance to support internal and external assurance activities
- Customer Service managers on communication of Service Improvement Plans
- Suppliers to develop operational budgets and manage these by tracking spend
- Third party suppliers on operational issues affecting applications from a designated service area
- IT organization to support development opportunities for innovation, feasibility and new services design, ensuring approval for changes and improvements
- Manage service performance and cost data gathering from multiple sources (third party suppliers, Customer Service and Supplier managers), create service maturity scales and ensure that all operational services performance are measured consistently across IS, and that the services and reports meet the needs of the business
- Undertake ongoing review of processes, procedures and SLAs, influencing modifications and enhancements of supplier services
- Drive performance analysis of Service Introduction, Change Management, Service Level Management, Incident Management, Availability and Capacity Management projects, identify trends, issues and their root causes
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of support and maintenance services and provide recommendations for savings and improvements
- Contribute to Capacity Management and Service Improvement Plans for applications
- Analyse suppliers’ performance against SLAs, share outcomes and drive future SLAs
- Engage in a business partnering fashion with appropriate stakeholders – for example CFIT, local IT as appropriate to role
- Work collaboratively with:
- Customer service and own Service Improvement Plans for major incidents and instances of customer dissatisfaction
- Suppliers (internal or external) to ensure performance to targets within contracts and agreements, while conforming to all of the terms and conditions
- Design and develop service solutions, technology, processes, information and measurements to meet documented business requirements and outcomes, ensuring corporate and IT strategy alignment, consistency and integration in all IT activities and provide a Service Design Package (SDP) for handover into Service Introduction
- Manage service management systems and tools related to the Service Portfolio
- Support business requirements collection, analysis and engineering to ensure they are clearly documented
- Manage the coordination and deployment of quality solution designs for services and processes managing the risks in all services and design processes
- Provide a single, consistent source of information on all agreed services ensuring availability to those with approval to access
- Maintain appropriate on-going recovery capability within IT services to match the agreed needs, requirements and timescales of the business
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with suppliers
- Application of policies, procedures and guidelines and providing expertise to business group
- Experience of risk management and assessment
- Relevant ServiceNow and CMDB industry qualifications
- Strong Product Management qualifications
- Business Administration / Information Service Degree
- ITIL training / service management accreditation
- Technical skills, awareness and experience
Skills and Capabilities
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Proven track record of design, implementation and delivery of ServiceNow CSDM
- Proven track record of driving Product strategy and service transformation
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.