Data Engineer - Python
JOB TITLE: DATA ENGINEER - PYTHON
CAREER LEVEL: C1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Collaborate with a team of other data engineers and business subject matter experts to solve complex data problems using Python
- Build Insights and Analytics Reports using Python and share Advanced Insights to stakeholders in Excel and PPT.
- Work on various different data sources and structures.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have Direct Hands-on, 3 to 7 years of experience, building complex systems using Python
- Must have fundamental knowledge of Problem Solving
- Experience should include the following,
- Extensive knowledge in Python Programming
- Prior experience in Healthcare Domain, is a plus
- Experience using Big Data, is a plus. Exposure to SPARK is desirable
- Should have Excellent Analytical, Problem Solving ability. Should be able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Should be well familiar with Agile Project Management Methodology
- Should have experience of managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be a team player with open mind
- Knowledge in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning Techniques, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning are plus
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering premier technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.