Job Title: Consultant
Location: TRIL GTC
The Veeva CRM Application Engineer will be part of SDC application development team for the Veeva CRM platform for 60 countries across the globe, based out of state of the art IT facility in Chennai.
Primary responsibility will be executing the design, development, implementation and support of change requests and projects related to the Veeva CRM Platform. This will involve all aspects of planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Serve as an internal consultant and SFDC/Veeva expert for IT and business partners across regions and business areas (Commercial, Medical)
- Lead business requirement gathering and design activities with business & IT stakeholders
- Configuration of Salesforce / Veeva CRM as per various Market needs
- Development of custom Salesforce / Veeva features
- Advanced trouble shooting, break fix for issues spanning Veeva and related integrations
- Mentor and coach junior members of the AZ Application Development team based in Chennai to increase throughput and quality
Essential Skills and experience
- More than 6 years of IT experience, including more than 3 years in Veeva CRM development role
- Experience managing and influencing business and IT stakeholders across markets
- Experience of working in Sales & Marketing Portfolio preferably in Life Sciences Industry.
- Technical expertise on Veeva, understanding of the real-world use of salesforce automation and business processes.
- Configuration and implementation of Enterprise solution & Architecture of Veeva suite of products
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation within the boundaries of industry compliance regulation.
- Proficiency in Veeva implementation and functionalities like cycle plan, call management, Sample management, Accounts management, Multichannel activities, Product management, Territory management etc.
- Proficiency in Veeva Vault implementations, CLM management, Engage and Approved Email
- Experience in developing Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Batch Apex & Process Builder.
- Expertise in building Visualforce Pages, Visualforce Custom Controllers, Components, Custom Objects, Reports, Dashboards, Tabs and Customer Portal
- Experience in large data migrations using SF Data Loader and Export\Import salesforce utilities.
- Hands-on configuration and admin experience with Veeva Commercial suite (CRM, Vault, Network) or Salesforce.com. Must also understand integration capabilities across the products in the suite and base salesforce.com functionality.
- Enterprise integration experience, including Java or Informatica development
- Ability to understand CRM data model and articulate solutions that are scalable
- Work with the Commercial field business leads to identify new or changing CRM requirements. Translate requests into technical or business process options
- Knowledge of Web Services & Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience of Agile methods
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.