Consultant - SAS Platform Administratuon
Job Title: Consultant - DevOps
Location: TRIL GTC Chennai
AstraZeneca is looking for a Platform Engineer with experience supporting data and application integration using industry SAS Grid components. Favorable candidates for this position will have SAS Grid IT experience, are technology-forward thinking in implementation or maintenance of Life Sciences GxP Applications.
This role will be part of DevOps designed Platform team responsible to manage and maintain the SAS Grid as a Core Platform within Perform Clinical Business Capability supporting mission critical function running Clinical Trials run both internally and across external partners.
As part of the Core Platform SAS Scrum team one will be responsible to work cross functionally with other team members and platform stakeholders such as Product Manager, Product Owner, IT Platform Lead, Release Manager, Scrum(DevOps) Lead, SAS Vendor to prioritize the Backlog and delivery it as per Release Roadmap.
This role requires candidate to perform troubleshooting of issues that affect delivery of services across multi-tier platforms: a good understanding of SAS Grid, RHEL and SQL databases is an added advantage
This role will contribute roadmaps, technology standards, technical design and delivery against the platform and associated resource capacity, and communication to leadership and stakeholders. You will be the expert in how this technology / platform is implemented and consumed in the business. In close collaboration with the architecture and capability teams you ensure that the solutions are up to date.
The Platform Engineer will be part of DevOps Platform team for across the globe, based out of one of key location. One will be contributing to monthly releases, Impact Analysis, Environment readiness and providing multiple resolution to a problem associated with SAS Grid configuration.
As part of this role one will be working with Release manager/Deployment lead to optimize the release approach to ensure alignment to Platform governance, set and lead the Release Schedule, and coordinate backlog management. Dependency, Risks between Upstream/Downstream Systems. Mitigate risks and issues that affect agreed release scope, schedule, and quality of SAS Grid Platform.
- Experience administering SAS platform in a multi-node GRID environment with Linux OS Hands-on experience as a SAS administrator of the 9x suite in a Linux environment
- Ensures the overall health and wellness of the SAS GRID platforms Designs, implements, and maintains platform security via SAS Metadata, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and LSF
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles using JIRA based GxP Agile Workflow.
- Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the SAS platform & supports issues reported by end users and provides quick and appropriate resolution.
- Experience with Security and Authentication and SSO topics (related to the access of source data, the access of data within SAS on the SAS servers across the different business organizations as well as SAS integration with tools such as Active Directory/LDAP/Kerberos
- Perform system monitoring, log analysis, performance analysis, performance tuning and capacity planning Must have experience with SAS Environment Manager and Platform RTM
- Good understanding of Windows, Linux and Citrix environments
- Document new processes and keep existing documentation and tools up to date as the environment changes.
- Gather customer functional and technical requirements to support business processes; translate requirements into system configuration.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible to work in 2 PM to 11 PM IST shift
- Certifications in SAS Platform Administration desired
- RHEL certification an added advantage
- Familiarity with common ITIL practices
- Understanding of multi-tier architecture and infrastructure configurations
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as AWS, AZURE.
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Automated Testing tools.
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.