Consultant - Oracle PL/SQL
JOB TITLE : CONSULTANT
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The role will encompass a variety of development approaches with the aim of simplifying and streamlining workflows, data and applications.
- Participate in business requirement gathering and design activities with business & IT stakeholders
- Perform delivery activities through Design/Build/Test/Deploy phases for regular releases
- Troubleshoot issues, monitor key metrics and maintain overall health of the platform
- Must be capable of working with others, driving ownership of solutions, showing humility while striving to enable the development of team members in our journey
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- 4 to 8 Years of IT experience as an ORACLE PL/SQL Developer, Involved in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Unit Testing , Production deployment and Support.
- Expertise in SQL and PL/SQL programming, developing complex code units.
- Expertise in writing procedures, functions, views, triggers, materialized views and PL/SQL collections as required.
- Solid Experience of creating PL/SQL Packages, Exception handling for retrieving, manipulating, checking and migrating complex data sets in Oracle.
- Knowledge of Oracle API packages and table structures
- Responsible for performance tuning activities in the project
- Ability to create, maintain and execute test plans.
- Understanding and Collecting requirements from Business user side or Business Analyst and try to convert that requirement to SQL queries or PL SQL
- Experience in data migration/conversation using SQL*Loader.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience in pharma or biotech is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of ambitious self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering premier technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.