Associate Director - Demand / Portfolio Manager
JOB TITLE : Associate Director - Demand / Porfolio Manager
CAREER LEVEL: F
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
AstraZeneca IT is currently running a major transformation programme which consists of a number of workstreams working together to deliver IT- wide changes to our Operating Model, Organisation, Capabilities and ways of working, to underpin our IT2025 Strategy.
As part of new operating model, we are transitioning from an IT universe which currently consists of thousands of stand-alone applications, to a limited number of broad Enterprise Platforms, to drive re-use and commonality. Future IT products and applications will be built on these platforms demonstrating standard components, security frameworks, re-usable APIs etc. One of the first enterprise platforms to be established will be ServiceNow.
The ServiceNow platform roles resides within the overall Enterprise Platforms space in our Enterprise Capabilities and Solutions (ECS) Function. ECS is a newly formed team, designed to be a key Centre for Enablement for Enterprise Platforms, Software Engineering, Testing, Hyper Automation, AR/VR and Application Maintenance.
This role is key to managing the process of demands & requirements within the ServiceNow Platform. This process and therefore the role is aimed at driving a Demand process which moves high-value, low-cost, low-risk work which is highly strategically aligned to the top of the work stack.
The role holder will understand the various business areas generating demand and be familiar with the product teams in order to set the appropriate parameters for assessing incoming work, but also assuring that the platform roadmap is integral to delivering business value.
The Demand Manager will implement processes templates and standards to capture new demand and enable management of appropriate backlogs with the product teams, as directed at the core platform organization. Demand will include internal (ServiceNow for ServiceNow), ServiceNow for IT and ServiceNow for Business requirements. They engage with executive partners, and the project teams to manage delivery, cost and quality expectations. The role will be closely aligned to the initial business change from a central development and support organization that exists today to AZ IT’s new Platform ways of working, where the build activity is decentralized to multiple Agile product teams.
The person in this role will need to be able to understand broadly the business capabilities enabled by ServiceNow now as well as and the evolving future direction. They will work closely with the business functions and product teams leveraging the ServiceNow platform to enable successful outcomes. This role will be responsible for planning & conducting the PI planning workshops for the platform
The role will also be responsible for learning needs of the core platform team, end user community and product teams. The incumbent will work closely with IT Learning & Development as well as Service Now’s Learning Teams to roll out appropriate curriculum, case studies, and enable internal and external teams to share standard methodologies.
The role supports the successful adoption of the platform across the enterprise, while continually improving cost, service, and velocity of change. They will work with new business areas wanting to bring to bear the ServiceNow platform to identify use cases and organize prototypes, demonstrations etc. to establish the use cases, with the help of the other platform teams. They will work within a matrixed environment, leading, developing and engaging a hard-working team.
- Fosters an environment for openness and transparency in the Demand process
- Maintains the Demands in ServiceNow, dealing with prioritization and issues where appropriate
- Attend the requisite forums to drive adoption of the Demand process, in order to create a ‘level playing field’ for Demand requests
- Assesses Demands in a timely manner to ensure the phases through to closure are managed against business expectations
- Drives continuous improvement thinking around the Demand process, using feedback loop to ensure the algorithms are always optimized for the right work to reach investment and delivery stages
- Manages partners proactively in the Demand domain, ensuring feedback is provided at all stages and expectations are managed around what work can happen and when
- Organize Ways of Working, reporting and governance
- Management of key partners
- Partner closely with the business and BTG users, product teams and partners to aggregate feedback and provide input to the Platform Leadership team
- Partner with Business Owners and BTGs on benefits realization
- Help improve adoption of the platform to enable AZ-IT to rationalise our application estate.
- Work closely with platform operations team to identify platform enhancements and updgrades, to input into demand funnel
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of prioritization techniques
- Portfolio management experience
- Senior partner management experience
- Project management experience, such as finances, resourcing and risk and issues
- Management of key partners including 3rd parties
- Change agent, leading the way, to help establish one of the first truly enterprise scale platforms at AZ
- Business Acumen, familiarity in working with multiple functions across the business
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience of working within a global organisation in a matrixed and federated operating model and organisational design, as part of the wider IT function
- Experience of involvement in Technical Design Authority, Demand Management, Demand Review Boards, Project Review Board, Service Portfolio & Service Management and Delivery Methodology activities
- Biopharmaceutical industry experience
- ServiceNow Business Analysis and/or demand management background
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of high-reaching self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering premier technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.