Associate Director - AWS & Snowflake
Job Title: Associate Director - AWS & Snowflake
Career Level - F
Introduction to role:
Through Enterprise Data Engineering Service, we are making our data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable (FAIR). As a Lead Data Engineer, you will lead the effort to bring about a step-change in our data solutions & capabilities and how we can facilitate secure collaborative environment to allow our data citizens performing pool analysis along with external partners. As part of this role, you need to provide the services and pipelines to ingest and consume data into/from the Data Platform, all in a secure and compliant way.
You will be involved in building out processes and technology to meet product owner requirements. You will be accountable for the efficient, secure, and compliant running of the solutions and capabilities. You should be well-versed in the design and development of data solutions and database developments for large data products, as well as maintaining and supporting production environments.
Key Accountabilities include providing detailed design and implementation of capabilities such as data share & collaboration environment, auto ingestion, data cataloguing, automated access control, life cycle management, backup & restore, etc. You will also be responsible for liaising with technical infrastructure teams to root cause & resolve problems and implement solutions to technical issues impacting application performance. Additionally, you will collaborate with international teams in the UK, Sweden, US, Japan, India, and Mexico.
• Must have a B.Tech/ M.Tech/ MSc in Computer Science/ engineering.
• Excellent experience in AWS data engineering ecosystem. SNS, SQS, Lambda, Glue, S3, EMR, log management, AWS containers, EC2, EBS, control access, data streaming, AWS CLI & SDK, backup & restore, etc.
• Excellent experience in Object-Oriented programming (Java, Python, C#), Airflow, Apache Spark, source control (GIT) & versioning
• Excellent experience in Snowflake tools and services
• A strong understanding of databases and advanced SQL skills
• Experience of designing self-service data management capabilities. E.g., Auto ingestion, data cataloguing, automated access control, life cycle management, backup & restore, etc.
• Experience working in software engineering CI/CD processes, with experience in the design and implementation of applications automated test, build, release, deployment, containerization, and configuration control management.
• Proven record of design, implementation, and performance tuning of large-scale data pipelines using any ETL & orchestration tools. E.g., Talend, informatica, Airflow, etc.
• Experience of semi-structured (XML, JSON) and unstructured data handling including extraction and ingestion via web-scraping and FTP/SFTP.
• Experience working with JIRA, Service Now
• Experience of delivering solutions through Agile and SAFe
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Disrupt an industry and change lives with AstraZeneca, where our work has a direct impact on patients. We're specialists who are passionate about patients, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise, making the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working, and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth.
Constantly learn and develop every single day. We're invested in recognizing, coaching, and motivating you. Here, your personal and professional journey is filled with unlimited potential.
Ready to make a meaningful impact? Apply now and join our team!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.