JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT MANAGER
CAREER LEVEL: D1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that
focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and inclusively together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Ensure optimum performance and stability for multiple systems for the Manufacturing Systems capability for AstraZeneca Operations
- Act as an SME for the suite of Manufacturing applications providing technical consultancy where ever applicable
- Lead the service delivery for the applications in manufacturing portfolio ensuring the process of incident, change and problem management is rightly followed
- Achieve target KPIs like SLA, TTR and work out strategies to be able to meet the organizational demands
- Lead a team of support analysts and their deliveries in a well-controlled manner
- Run service introductions for any new service that gets added into support scope
- Engage in continuous improvements projects like infra refresh and own the impact analysis and implementation
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Regularly interact with System Owners/business users to identify pain points, areas of improvement and to mint innovative solutions to address the pain areas
- Liaise with multiple stake holders including users, infrastructure/middleware teams, 3rd party software vendors for resolving issues and potential process improvements
- Collaborate and connect effectively with global counterparts to deliver effective service
- Engage in new hiring when new demands arise
- 8-10 years of prior technical support experience handling business critical applications like PAS-X, OSI PI - Site Historian or any other MES applications
- Should have experience in ITIL processes like incident, change and problem management
- Strong in people management and processes like goals & performance management
- Should have 24/7 support experience for critical systems
- Should be able to work collaboratively and efficiently with multiple teams in multiple geographies.
- Experience on Windows/UNIX application environment and understanding of client-server / distributed computing concepts
- “End User First” mindset to understand business needs and flexibility to adopt to business demands
- Familiarity with life sciences (Pharma) domain concepts, workflow and terminology
- Development and troubleshooting experience on web applications built on the Microsoft .NET framework (ASP, VB, C#)
- ITIL certification
- Good understanding of PAS -X or OSI PI or any other MES/Historian systems
- Experience handling GxP systems and knowledge on Pharma IT quality process
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering extraordinary technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.