Statistical Experts & Leaders
Are you a highly-skilled Statistician with previous experience working in drug development? Can you envision working in a diverse, dynamic and global company with a constant thrive to develop life-saving medicines? If you’re inspired by what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into reality. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. In this role, we will give you the chance to utilize your statistical expertise in the design, analysis and interpretation of clinical trial programs; submission and defense of regulatory filings; and the generation of evidence to support product commercialization and reimbursement.
We are offering opportunities at different leadership levels, depending on your previous experience. You will join a global, diverse and cross-functional environment where you will get personal and professional development. The leadership skills and experience you have gained in your career will be great assets when mentoring or managing more junior colleagues. Your location can be at any one of AstraZeneca’s dynamic R&D sites in Gothenburg Sweden, Cambridge UK, Gaithersburg US or Warsaw Poland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading statistical employees, including technical leadership and potentially line management, on the indications and projects
- Lead or contribute to the statistical thinking, analysis and reporting to relevant groups in product and study teams
- Develop design options and provide high-quality information for the business through partnership with internal and external experts
- Representing AstraZeneca to Health Authorities and Reimbursement & Payer Organizations for specific projects
- Apply expert skills to investigate and use standard, as well as novel, statistical approaches for relevant statistical issues
You are focused on solving challenging problems through collaboration and partnerships. You are an expert and leader in your field and you know that the best results are achieved by utilizing the strengths of every individual.
- You have a Master’s or Doctorate degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar area
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians.
If you are interested, apply now!
For more information about the position please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Steven Davenport, firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your application no later than October 27th, 2019
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.