(Sr) Indication Lead, Oncology Medical Information
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the (Sr.) Indication Lead, Oncology Medical Informationrole in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
This position is accountable for the Global and US Medial Information tumor indication(s) strategy and scientific content deliverables. This role is responsible for the planning, prioritization, and execution of the Global and US Medical Information-related tumour indication(s) deliverables, including answering medical inquiries from healthcare professionals within the US, addressing complex medical inquiries escalations from local markets, reviewing/providing scientific consult to promotional materials for the US, and development of scientific content to support Global and US Medical Affairs. This role is also accountable for the management of a team of Medical Information external resource partners (OSP/vendor).
- Accountable for leadership, training and direction of a tumour area indication(s) area team, including tumour area indication(s) strategy, routine management of team members, best practice sharing, planning and alignment of priorities.
- As a member of the Global Medical Team and US Core Medical Team, contributes to the development and implementation of the Medical Plan for the relevant indication(s).
- Accountable/responsible to deliver all tumour area indication(s) medical information objectives/deliverables, including the following core deliverables:
- Promotional review, scientific messaging consultation (US only)
- Responding to medical information requests (US only)
- Addressing complex medical inquiries escalations from local markets
- Medical Affairs content development (Global & US)
- The proportion of contribution to the execution of the core deliverables varies based on the size of the team.
- Participate as a strategic partner with the tumour area indication(s) Global and US Medical Affairs and Commercial colleagues to ensure identification of opportunities and drive appropriate integration of Medical Information staff.
- Monitor the medical environment and apply scientific expertise in Global and US MI/MA strategy and deliverables, integrated with regulatory and compliance knowledge.
- Provide analysis of MI trends and application of feedback to content deliverables and proactively provide MI insights back to the organization.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify creative and innovative approaches for leveraging scientific information to meet both business and customer needs.
- Masters degree in a relevant scientific field
- Deep experience in pharmaceutical industry based drug information delivery or equivalent industry experience with experience working with Commercial or Brand Teams
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication and management
- Demonstrated expertise in the review of promotional materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply Global and US, legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements to Medical Affairs activities and drug information delivery
- Demonstration of strategic thinking
- Understanding of the information needs for various customer segments, including various markets
- Experience leading projects and teams
- Strong leadership skills
- Global medical experience
- Oncology experience
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD or equivalent)
- Clinical pharmacy experience with patient care exposure
- Managed Markets or Health Economics Outcomes Research related experience
- Team management experience
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.