Senior Systems Analyst / Systems Manager
Senior Systems Analyst / Systems Manager
Salary & Benefits Competitive
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve.
With colleagues from 70 countries across our UK sites, you’ll find your voice in an inclusive and diverse community. Our Cambridge hub is high on the target list of international destinations to work and stacked with globally important roles.
Be encouraged and supported to think creatively in our dynamic environment. Here we are free from fear of failure, free to ask the right questions and make bold decisions.
Plan and lead supply systems activities to enable IMP manufacture and supply to AZ clinical trials. Improve the use of the organisation’s resources and meet agreed requirements, timelines and quality standards.
- Independently plans and leads assigned Logistics and Clinical Supply (LCS) Systems activities. Provides systems administration for the SmartSupplies Suite, and delivers Interactive Response Technology (IRT) development and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as relates to assigned clinical programs. Throughout, ensuring to meet customer demands in a manner that is aligned with standards and regulations, minimizes costs and improves quality.
- Supports and enables a small team of multi-functional professionals to deliver the supply chain strategy through LCS systems in good alignment with the clinical development plan and overall program goals.
- Supports change initiatives, partnering with stakeholder groups to gather relevant information that can be used to see opportunities for improving the efficiency of the supply systems strategy. May include both project initiated changes and broader functional/ enterprise system developments sponsored by more senior staff
- Support internal and external communications to enable existing infrastructures and collaborate with SmartSupplies
- Supports timely maintenance of current, accurate and complete IMP Systems records, ensuring that vital information is filed to all relevant GXP repositories including Product Specification File (PSF) and Trial Master File (TMF).
- Builds, or assists in the creation of departmental SOPs, processes, and tools, to support improvement and future growth of LCS and Systems Management standard methodology
- Employs experience and expertise in supply chain systems management to resolve issues and problems before they redefine program supply.
- At a functional level, applies skills and knowledge to enable improved working practices in relation to robust clinical supply systems functionality, utilisation and reporting
- Collects and analyses metrics on supply systems capabilities and compares this to goals and objectives set for the function to assist more senior leaders in developing an understanding of challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place to assure the day-to-day functioning of the supply chain. Trains, develops and supports other staff (LCS flex roles / rotational placements etc) to function efficiently within the Systems Management team.
- Works collaboratively within LCS and with QA, Clinical, IT, project teams and all other interfaces and partners as required
- Contributes to the operational efficiency of LCS
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education in a relevant subject area
- Extensive knowledge of supply chain management techniques
- Experience working with ERP or comparable supply chain systems
- Highly organized individual who possesses excellent attention to detail, and demonstrates strong skills for planning, coordination, collaboration, and communication
- Proven success in delivery of cross-functional projects and/or activities
- Ability to re-engineer processes
- An understanding of IRT and clinical supply strategies, coupled with the ability to interpret clinical protocols and other clinical study supply specifications in order to craft supply process, electronic supply chain and inventory solutions.
- Proven understanding of cGMP, GCP and ICH guidelines as relates to IMP labelling, packaging and distribution
- Proven understanding of 21CFR Part 11 compliance
- A sound understanding of the supply chain process and good understanding of Clinical Trial Management (CTM) system capabilities and deployment to enable system design, implementation, training and ongoing super-user support
- General understanding of integration requirements between SmartSupplies suite of products, IRT, eCTMS, Veeva Vault, RAVE, Business Objects, SharePoint and Microsoft Suite.
- Development of reports using SAP Business Objects or similar system
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what’s next?
Complete your application before the below closing date.
This role is open from 16/09/2021 and welcome with your application no later than 30/09/2021
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.