Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Project Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working
and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we’re driving cross-company change to disrupt the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it. You’re trusted to explore and to find new solutions, experimenting with leading-edge technology and grappling with challenges in a modern technology environment that might never have been tackled before. It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross-functionally and inclusively together. Be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
We are looking for a hardworking Senior Project Manager with experience of planning, mobilizing, managing the full project life cycle and delivering transformational IT projects and programmes. It's likely you'll have several years commercial project management experience within a global business. The role will lead project teams from initiation to close, to drive delivery of value from our highest priority projects, working with senior stakeholders from across our business. Our Senior Project Managers are also expected to contribute to continued development of the project management capability through coaching, mentoring and by leading lean improvements in our project management practices.
The Senior Project Manager role will report to a Portfolio Lead in the Enabling Units IT Programme Delivery Team and can be based either from our Cambridge or Macclesfield offices.
- Agree and deliver plans for projects / programmes (or contribution in part to a larger project), including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality as defined in the IT Project Management Methodology (ADF). Ensure the project team adheres to required project management standards. Establish programme governance and lead Decision Point reviews.
- Manage project or programme budgets, forecasts, tasks, schedules, risks, change management, and status to support effective decisions and project reporting to stakeholders and review boards. Coordinate status and delivery of project workstreams. Identify and manage dependencies between projects (intra-programme and across portfolio).
- Build a cohesive project team across AZ IT, including offshore, inhouse delivery teams in India and Mexico and provide the leadership necessary to maximize the team’s success. Provide individual coaching and development of team members as needed.
- Manage relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the effective capturing of business requirements and commitment to project/programme objectives. Responsible for steering and stakeholder meetings, communication of status, issues and risks.
- Effectively collaborate with and manage Internal and External Suppliers to ensure delivery of agreed products and services while ensuring adherence to AZ project delivery standards
- Ensure effective risks, issue and change management processes are in place and effectively used. Resolve problems and escalate as appropriate ensuring that all impacts and changes are approved and appropriately communicated to stakeholders and review boards.
- Ensure expected benefits realization is consistent with project deliverables and clearly understood by stakeholders and project team.
- Develop and assure service transition plans to ensure project delivered solutions are sustainable within a BAU operations environment, including controlled hand-over into operational support.
- Support continued development of a world-class project management capability and ensure that best practice is adopted and reinforced.
- Typical project cost up to $20M, with an internal project team of up to 12 people plus external support where required.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Proven project and progamme management skills, including:
- experience in traditional and agile delivery methods, including familiarity with SAFe
- setting up and managing project controls
- negotiating governance requirements
- managing and controlling project budgets and benefits delivery
- external supplier management
- problem solving
- stakeholder management
- Significant and relevant experience as a PM across the whole project lifecycle
- Technical or business degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Experience leading and developing project teams with a diverse blend of skills and capabilities
- Broad understanding of IT systems and technology implemented within a business context
- Effective communication and consulting skills to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent business acumen
- Project / Programme Management certifications
- Experience working in a global organization where stakeholders and project team members are geographically dispersed
- Pharmaceutical industry experience and/or experience of delivery in a highly-regulated environment
- Lean & Six Sigma Skills
- Master’s degree
Experience of collaboration platforms for project delivery – e.g. Jira, PPM tools, testing tools
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 24/9/2021
Close Date: 24/11/2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.