Rare Disease EU Commercial Cluster Lead - Germany, UK, Nordics
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most demanding situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We put patients first and follow the science to bring life-changing medicines to patients that need them.
We are currently searching for a candidate with strong commercial acumen to launch and drive the adoption of our rare disease brand across the EU.
This predominantly field-based role requires significant stakeholder engagement with opinion leaders, budget-holders and Patient Advisory Groups in multiple geographies across both pre- and post-launch phases, delivering advocacy support and optimal launch success for the brand.
The ideal candidate for this position will report directly to the EU Commercial Lead and will work closely with the Medical Scientific Liaison, local Pricing and Market Access, and Global cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate will be expected to work in a highly effective way and be active across multiple EU markets to ensure the successful launch and adoption of the brand, therefore some travel will be required.
- Develop and lead multi-stakeholder relationships within key accounts across multiple geographies through a key account management model
- In-line with the overarching brand strategy - create and maintain a business plan with particular emphasis on key accounts that will ensure the adoption and growth of the brand through environmental analysis and understanding, stakeholder engagement, influencing skills and project management
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the local stakeholder network and priorities and ensure tactics are aligned
- Engage with HCPs and institutions to optimise disease diagnosis and patient access
- Lead the development of patient identification programs and initiatives
- Adopt a solution-oriented approach for the dissemination of real-world experience
- Work in close partnership with the Medical Scientific Liaison and local Pricing and Market Access teams to support key centres
- Partner with the Medical Scientific Liaison team and Patient Advisory Groups to support patient programmes and initiatives
- Identifies, leads and delivers projects to support brand adoption
- Supports the EU Commercial Lead to execute on the brand strategy from Global; including prioritization of project, programs, etc.
- Graduate level degree in sciences or business degree
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated sales and marketing experience, preferably in the area of rare disease products, and/or with specialist physicians
- Strong stakeholder engagement qualities and experience of identifying, developing and leading key influencers across HCP and payer communities
- Experience in delivering non-personal/digital promotional techniques and projects
- Develop and implement effective business plans to deliver tangible results
- Experience of successful influencing cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Depth of understanding of medical, scientific and/or commercial pharmaceutical marketplace of Oncology/rare disease is a plus
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.