Oncology Medical Training Leader
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Medical Affairs in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Oncology Medical TrainingLeader role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
We are hiring a new role, Oncology Medical Training (OMT) Leader, Development, who is responsible for designing and executing a training program to increase the effectiveness of the AstraZeneca medical team worldwide. This program will allow learners to develop the interpersonal skills, business acumen and knowledge of how oncology care is delivered around the world. You will lead the development of this program with colleagues in commercial Oncology Training and Development, MSL Excellence and Human Resources to identify global medical training needs and to develop solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively developing innovative trainings and metrics to assess their success. It will be critical for them to be able to develop a network within the organization to assist in the development and successful implementation of activities.
The role will lead the development of new training content to meet the changing knowledge and capability requirements of medical personnel and especially clinician-facing roles in Medical Affairs
- Proactively communicate with key country medical leads to global stakeholders to, ensure awareness of currently available and future scientific content
- Identify, manage and collaborate with outsource providers for development of new content material and training
- Partner with external experts to help identify and develop new trainings
- Partner with Global MSL Excellence roles to collaborate the incorporation of skill training
- Create and maintain in-person training plan and roll-out to markets
- Support the localization of training in the United States
- Evaluate overall curricula and certifications within OMT to identify best practices and drive ongoing improvements
- Engage the learner through innovative e-learning techniques and utilize adult learning principles, to create, update, and maintain trainings
- Ensure compliance with global guidelines and policies, processes and procedures
- Develop and execute activities to measure the effectiveness in meeting educational objectives
Requirements -- Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in scientific discipline or applicable health sciences field (Master’s Degree or higher) or a Bachelor’s Degree with clinical experience
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical industry (8 years plus)
- Experience in leading a field team
- Demonstrated experience in managing a budget
- Demonstrated project management experience with a proven record of driving impact
- Experience in working in a matrix environment
Skills and Capabilities
- Ability to think strategically and deliver long range plans that are aligned with broader organizational objectives
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global and regional environment
- Working knowledge of clinician-facing Medical Affairs functions, preferably with prior In-Country, Regional or Global experience
- Clear understanding of the compliance requirements and for Medical Affairs activities
- Expertise in training programs relevant to Medical Affairs within the markets with proven ability to create and deliver on trainings that address identified gaps
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills, conflict management
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate with various roles across Medical in the markets
- Reports to Senior Director, Oncology Medical Training
- Indirect Reports: works in close collaboration with medical roles across the organization
- Significant experience in global teams
- Experience in developing new services & programs
- Experience in delivering live training events
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.