Oncology Business Unit Procurement Business Partner - EMEA
This role sits on the Oncology Business Unit (OBU) Procurement Team focused on business partnering activities in the EMEA BBU and where possible, European based resources supporting International OBU. This role will help ensure requirements from the business are understood, that services are being provided effectively to the business and that key requirements are gathered and met in projects done for the business. This position should also work across the OBU EMEA and potentially International business to find opportunities to exploit and collaborate with the procurement network to deliver value.
Will have accountability for a spend category or market across a region or the whole of AstraZeneca (may be single or multiple SET areas). Leading both demand and supply side activities. Develops long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within AstraZeneca or Region. Manages customer and supplier relationships to ensure that Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
Oversee the implementation of the category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Oversees implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Supports Director/ Associate Director in the development of long term strategic plans for agreed scope of spend area
- Supports the Director/ Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base is capable of supporting these strategies.
- Works with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure a fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plan
- Works alongside OGPS in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in similar environment at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people management skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area, and competence in several others
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.