As part of the Omnichannel Strategy Team within AstraZeneca’s Global Commercial Digital and Innovation (GCDI) department, the Omnichannel Strategist will be responsible for the strategic design and analysis of the Omnichannel Marketing capability. This includes establishing relationships with the US Brand teams, their agency partners, their extended business teams, and channel partners to champion the adoption, design, expansion and measurement of omnichannel marketing programs to healthcare professionals and consumers.
Partnering with the US Brand Teams, the Omnichannel Strategist will design digital-led, omnichannel marketing campaigns for Biopharmaceutical Business Unit (BBU) brands in their assigned therapeutic area. The Omnichannel Strategist will then partner with various internal departments and key stakeholders for the development and execution of customer experiences, both digital and physical, that support the Brand’s strategic plan and objectives, and ensure compliance with all AstraZeneca privacy, consent, quality and security policies.
The Omnichannel Strategist is accountable for delivering a sound strategic approach to the customer experience and working with the wider, cross functional team to ensure that the strategy is delivered for their assigned brands, driving brand team satisfaction and AZ business outcomes. The Omnichannel Strategist must have the ability to effectively engage, influence and challenge key stakeholders both internal and external in order to deliver data-driven experiences that effectively advance the business. They must also ensure satisfaction and ongoing continuous optimization of the agreed strategy.
The Omnichannel Strategist requires strong business acumen, understanding of process solutions, comprehension of business strategy translation to customer experience strategy, digital and non-digital channel knowledge, customer centric marketing, digital marketing, measurement & analytics, and data-driven decision making.
Core Job Requirements:
- Partners with brand, agencies, and other internal and external stakeholders to translate business strategy into Omnichannel Campaign Strategy.
- Engage internal, cross functional teams for development and innovation to deliver omnichannel campaigns that drive business results for the assigned brands
- Understand and provide thought leadership across digital and non-digital channels, campaign planning, segmentation, and how to leverage a unified strategy to create personalized experiences
- Acts as the front-facing liaison for the Omnichannel Digital Delivery Team to and from the Brand Teams
- Partner with and educate brand teams about HCP and Consumer promotions SOPs, new campaign strategy set up, and capabilities for single, multi, and omnichannel campaigns that deliver on brand strategic objectives
Omnichannel Execution Enablement:
- Provide context and initial campaign information to Omnichannel Digital Delivery team, Specialists, and Technical Operators to execute campaign delivery
- Responsible for translating brand tactics into written business requirements within the brand’s backlog.
- Owner of the prioritization process for the Brand’s backlog of business requirements and ensures alignment with all brand stakeholders.
- Involve other parties as necessary to execute the campaign and measurement
- Demonstrate organizational awareness of supporting capabilities/partners. E.g. IT, call center, SMEs, compliance, Dialog Direct, ConnectiveRx, production, planning, Veeva, etc.
Campaign Performance Management:
- Monitor and evaluate current brand campaigns through metrics that matter and make recommendations to optimize performance where appropriate. E.g. increase reach, engagement performance, etc.
- Socialize/capture wins & challenges with core team & broader AZ when appropriate
- Balance GCDI priorities/projects with brand priorities/projects
- Digital transformation projects as assigned, capacity permitting
- Contribute to and influence the evolution of the omnichannel marketing capability as a meaningful component for the delivery of business outcomes
Essential for the Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years related experience
- Proven track record in delivering integrated marketing projects with measured outcomes
- Digital Marketing
- Knowledge of channels such as: email, SMS, web, direct mail, print, media, SEM, social, salesforce, events
- Familiar with Platforms: Adobe Campaign, Tealium, Databases
- Strategic analysis/insight
- Measurement & analytics
- Proven track record of leading teams without positional authority
- Energetic and self-motivated
Preferred for the Role:
- Advanced Degree in a relevant field
- Customer relationship management (CRM) experience
- Demonstrated leadership and coordination of teams to deliver single cohesive strategy
- Business requirement and backlog management experience
- Marketing/Brand Management experience
- Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Experience
- Media/Advertising Agency Experience
- Cross functional/matrix team experience
- Database marketing
- Familiar with Agile ways of working
- Familiar with JIRA
- Multi-Channel marketing, integrated marketing, omnichannel marketing
- Ability to build trusted relationships and influence with key Stakeholders
- Commercial Acumen
- Business Analysis
- Resource and Performance Management
- Cross-Functional interactions
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. Work at the cutting-edge, where scientific innovations and an entrepreneurial spirit are the norm.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Find out more on Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.