Medical Content Excellence Lead
Medical Content Excellence Lead
Cambridge, UK | Gaithersburg, US | Gothenburg, Sweden
Competitive salary & benefits
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Always open to new ideas, we innovate and apply our creative thinking to develop with new approaches. We get on and do it – never waiting for others to make our ideas a reality.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Medical Content Excellence Lead to partner with Global Medical teams, content strategists, capabilities leads and markets to develop and execute the content strategy for AstraZeneca products and disease areas. We are seeking an experienced content professional to create compelling medical and scientific content based on understanding of the customer journey and deep insights. The role requires the ability to define and drive content from initial strategy through to implementation and post-launch optimization. With the goal of defining an ecosystem and lifecycle of content to inform and improve engagement with physicians and patients in collaboration with our medical teams.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head, Medical Innovation and is accountable for the development of high-quality Global Medical content, as well as the application of consistent standards and developing content capability across the medical organization.
You should possess a deep understanding of best practices for content creation and content management, taxonomy, metadata, content authoring workflows and should understand design thinking and user experience.
- Translate medical strategies and objectives into actionable content (medical communication) plans for the Global Medical teams.
- Establish how scientific content is resonating with end users to define best practice for Medical content.
- Work in close partnership with the Content Strategists to define and execute the Global to Local model, content calendar, strategy & analytics and content standards.
- Integrating capabilities across other functions (e.g. commercial and strategy teams)
- Partner with the Medical Excellence capabilities team to build and deliver a content capability development program for Medical organization.
- Drive digitally optimized content with a customer-first approach to deliver best in class in UX experience in the organization.
- Ensure effective rollout and communication of key Global content occurs to priority markets.
- Ensure test and learn mechanisms are implemented to continuously improve and optimize content quality and strategy.
- To inform the selection and implementation of the Medical content authoring and publishing technology
- Providing subject area expertise & guidance to colleagues
- Think creatively to solve problems and drive innovation
Essential for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Related professional experience
- Prior knowledge and/or experience in healthcare, medical research & publications, digital health, health journalism, or medicine
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical marketing principles, regulations, and practices.
- Experience converting comprehensive strategic information into customer centric science stories - convey complex ideas and data in an engaging way
- Proven experience producing quality work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to collaborate with internal digital/medical/marketing teams to gather business requirements and translate them into effective, user-centered interactive approaches.
- Demonstrated experience using data analysis and metrics to validate assumptions and develop content strategies and materials
- Strong leadership capability
- Project management experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
Desirable for the role
- Expertise across all aspects of scientific communication strategy, planning and execution during all phases of drug development and commercialization process (investigational, registration, pre & post-launch and marketed)
- Experience working with a CMS platform
- Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills
- Experience with multivariate A/B testing
- Understanding of rules for substantiating content (claims) and compliance frameworks
- Understanding of tagging strategies and taxonomy framework to dynamically relate content
- A firm understanding of user experience and content marketing techniques
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.