LCS Programme Manager/ Associate Director
LCS Programme Manager/ Associate Director
Cambridge, UK/ Gaithersburg
Salary & Benefits Competitive
Diverse Minds. Bold Disruptors. Meaningful Impact.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
With colleagues from 70 countries across our UK sites, you’ll find your voice in an inclusive and diverse community. Our Cambridge hub is high on the target list of international destinations to work and stacked with globally important roles.
Be encouraged and supported to think creatively in our dynamic environment. Here we are free from fear of failure, free to ask the right questions and make bold decisions.
- Assist in the leadership of the Program Management Team within Logistics and Clinical Supply (LCS).
- Responsible for multiple Program Management projects for assigned clinical programs and manages supply strategy, developing, forecasting and executing production plan for each asset in order to meet customer demands in a manner that is compliant with standards and regulations, minimizes costs and maximizes quality.
- Oversees multiple small teams of multi-functional professionals (Supply Continuity Team – SCT) and supports it in delivering the supply chain strategy whilst maintaining good alignment with the clinical development plan and overall program goals.
- Propose and drive change initiatives by identifying opportunities for improving the effectiveness of the supply strategy and leading teams. May include both SCT-initiated changes and supporting those developed by more senior staff.
- Supports development of budgets and resource plans for area of responsibility and escalates as required to ensure function is capable of meeting its objectives.
- Manages, mentors, coaches, and trains team members from both LCS and cross-functionally to ensure highly effective team working to support supply delivery.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Requires a degree level education (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Will have expert knowledge of supply chain management techniques
- At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development
- Will also have some experience of leading and managing projects and will be required to provide specialist input to larger business projects. Also has the ability to re-engineer processes
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what’s next?
Complete your application before the below closing date.
This role is open from 15/09/2021 and welcome with your application no later than 29/09/2021
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.