Global Portfolio & Project Management Summer Internship
Internship - Global Portfolio and Project Management, AstraZeneca Cambridge
Join our team for a Project Management internship during June-Aug 2023!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation driven biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. In addition to being one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, AstraZeneca is proud to provide a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and cross-boundary collaboration. Within this environment employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives, and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The internship within the Global Portfolio and Project Management function will be focused in the area of cross-functional operational and project management support, and part of enabling delivery of our drug development projects. During the internship period you will be assigned to one of our drug project and supporting our Global Project Managers in successfully deliver innovative medicines through the drug development process to patients.
Cross-functional Team Management and Delivery
- Partners with project manager to lead elements of the drug project plan, project sub-teams or other cross-functional initiative/s where project management support is needed
- Supports the project team in developing key project documents and project plans with high quality and to agreed deadlines
- May also manage stand-alone project such as functional initiatives
- Maintains information management practices and project information, and integrates/ distributes appropriately to team leaders and team
- Support project management processes such as risk management and project plan development in collaboration with project manager
Planning Monitoring and Controlling
Organizes and helps manage monthly planning and control meetings where applicable
Contributes to assembly of appropriate governance presentations
- Educational requirements, what are we striving for?
- The Project Management intern should have an interest in develop project management skills with the pharma or biotech industry
- Willingness to learn the overall pharmaceutical product development process, including stages of development
- Open, transparent, proactive communication
- Successful track record of delivery towards a set goal
- Knowledge of project management tools and processes
- Information management skills including use of modern IM tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and OneNote
- Interest in a career path within a Project Management organization
- Interest and/ or experience in Project Management
- Interest and/ or experience in leading smaller teams
So, what’s next?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining us as an intern next summer? Welcome with your application, we can´t wait to hear from you!
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.