Global Clinical Program Lead, Late Oncology, GI Cancers
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and commit real resources to make it happen, because an opportunity no matter how small can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicine is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Big success can come from seeing potential in something small. We empower our people to seek these out, and we support them to pursue the opportunities they find.
We are seeking a strategic Global Clinical Program Lead with deep understanding of the Oncology therapeutic area to join our Late Oncology team focused on GI Cancers at AstraZeneca in our New York, NY, Gaithersburg, MD or Cambridge, UK office. As Global Clinical Lead (GCL), you will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for clinical development strategy and execution of studies with the aim of developing new therapies to benefit patients with cancer.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will develop and support the medical scientific strategies of the Clinical Development Plan (CDP). In addition, you will provide medical input into commercial activities, including scientific components of business cases and value strategies. As the GCPL within the Clinical Development Team, you are responsible for the clinical, scientific, and value content delivery of the CDP to time and quality.
In this role, you have the opportunity to be a leader for the design, delivery and interpretation of clinical studies, ensuring the ethical and scientific integrity of the plans, studies and products in compliance with Good Clinical Practice. The GCPL will ensure internal and external peer review of potential study and program designs, providing strategic input to in-licensing opportunities as part of novel combination strategy. As such, you will present concepts and findings to the Global Product Team (GPT), working closely with cross-functional team leaders to develop new investments and to deliver trial data to appropriate decision points.
As a senior clinician on the clinical development team, you will partner closely with study physicians and medical scientists in the delivery of the CDP, while allocating time to the mentoring and development of less experienced clinical staff.
- Graduate of a recognized school of medicine with an M.D. degree, a Science-based PhD or equivalent degree.
- Demonstrated clinical research expertise in Oncology, Tumor Biology, Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Immunology, and/or Immunotherapy
- Significant hands-on clinical drug development experience and scientific credibility
- Experience in Phase 3 program development and trial conduct strongly desired
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of project strategy and to be accountable for project plans, timelines, progress, and outcomes
- Demonstrated ability leading and motivating teams in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor junior physicians and scientists
- Experience with global, regulatory submissions and interacting with major health authorities; NDA and/or BLA submission experience strongly desired
- Ability to organize and deliver scientific advisory boards
- Ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Specialty training or board eligibility in Medical Oncology strongly desired
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well-qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.