Director, Capacity Management
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for analysis and data quality? We are recruiting for a Director, Capacity Management to join our Global Portfolio & Project Management organisation.
With an unstoppable drive to learn we’re problem-solvers by nature, taking every opportunity to dig into complex challenges and feed our curiosity. As a globally renowned enterprise, there’s investment from the business and multiple opportunities to learn from our diverse network, try out varied routes and build a rewarding career.
So if you thrive on intellectually stimulating work where you can apply expertise and develop new skills, then this is the place for you. Be a trusted partner in a fast growing organisation, and make an even bigger impact on patients.
What you’ll do:
- Functional data analysis & remediation
- Analyse functional data (resource forecasts, functional capacity, functional resource assignments, actual time, etc) and provide conclusions/trends and replay key insights to the function for validation.
- Identify and highlight data quality issues and data gaps.
- Work with functions to devise strategies, to prioritise issues and ensure functional remediation actions are clear and understood.
- Facilitate functional algorithm development and implementation.
- Portfolio data quality
- Analyse portfolio data to proactively identify issues and challenges. Work with appropriate stakeholders to implement remediation action/programs.
- Continuous improvement
- Identify and lead cross-functional improvement initiatives that will take the AstraZeneca capacity management capabilities to the next level.
- Training, education & communications
- Build training, education and information management strategies and capabilities that engage and enable functional stakeholders (at all levels). Instruct people new to capacity management and coach the more experienced.
- Drive communications to broaden the understanding of our key stakeholders our strategy and on the delivery of our improvement initiatives.
- Support & best practice advice
- Partner with functions to develop capacity management strategies, provide support (tactical/ad hoc) and advise in the use of capacity management tools and processes. Assist functions in the adaptation of data and tool use so that the unique needs of functions are met in the most efficient way. Apply continuous improvement principles to reduce data/tool support and maintenance burden.
Essential for the role:
- University degree (or equivalent) in business and or/sciences
- Experience of portfolio analysis and capacity management
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development process
- Experience of Planisware
- Experience of reporting tools, for example, Power BI
- Experience of effective working in a multi-cultural team
- Proven stakeholder management with the ability to develop strong and credible working relationships
- Proven leadership
- Flexibility to react to different customer needs for data/information/advice
- Experience of communicating complex information at a senior level (verbally and written)
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.