Data Governance Manager
Job title: Data Governance Manager
Cambridge UK, Gothenburg SWE
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve. It propels each of us forward, harnessing our differences to unlock challenges and bring new solutions. Ignite your curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to uncover new insights that challenge conventions. Here we are forever pushing the boundaries as we feel comfortable spotting opportunities, making quick decisions and taking smart risks.
A place that’s investing in the latest technology, data and innovative ways of working. Here you’ll be backed with everything you need to be at the forefront of digitising our organisation. Whether that’s working on the leading-edge, defining the future of Pharma or upskilling yourself in our Digital and Data Academy.
Data Governance Strategy and Operations
- Support and lead working relationships among various roles like data owners, data stewards, system owners and data consumers.
- Moderate DG forums. Prepare agenda topics and help support the maturity of DG practice.
- Support the development of Critical Data Assets and Critical Data Elements prioritisation criteria.
- Support the periodic execution of Data Governance maturity assessments on critical data assets.
- Help drive the formalization of Data Governance strategy, roadmap and operating model.
Data Governance Deliverable Management
- Manage the R&D Data Governance SharePoint site.
- Lead the periodic reporting across DG key areas to Data Governance Board members.
- Support the development and standardisation of DG standard methodology documents.
- Manages projects related to Data Governance implementation and data risk mitigation, providing deep domain expertise to support internal partners with crafting their projects.
Data Standards and Quality management
- Develop and implements meaningful and measurable data standards metrics to support and monitor progress against the DG framework.
- Contribute to formalize related data standards, SOPs and guiding documents.
- Significant contribution to the definition of data standards, including master data, reference data and metadata applying domain expertise.
- Liaises with SMEs and partners in a proactive way, to support the achievement of target data maturity level
Improvement and Change
- Support the collaboration among data stewards, and key data and technology partners on serving business needs
Support the development of procedures for the maintenance and use of the best data governance practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data or technology subject area – or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Strong domain expertise and demonstrable experience within data governance disciplines and domains
- Prior working experience on the implementation of Data Governance programs
- Knowledge of standards, data management and IT management regulations, policies and principles.
- Experience of Business/IT partnering for the implementation of Data Governance related solutions – like Collibra
- Knowledge and experience with regulated and/or legal environment and requirements (e.g., GxP, data privacy and security)
- Solid understanding of data risk management practice
- Awareness of the security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities
- Collaborator with the ability to influence peers to modify behaviours and provide support for the adoption of related data governance policies and standards
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven transformation management, interpersonal, assertiveness and negotiation skills
- Master degree in Business Administration, Information/Data Science, Informatics, computer science, economics or related subject area.
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare.
- Network of relevant contacts and relationships, including external links
- Data Governance and Data Management education and certifications
- Applied data management and data science skills, including experience with related tools.
- Experience in data ownership or stewardship
- Consistent track record of publishing relevant data governance and policy topics in peer-reviewed journals, conferences, and other scientific proceedings.
- Working knowledge on of the leading data governance tools - Collibra
- Strong consulting skills
- Experience in performing at least one end to end data maturity assessment on the benchmark of EDM Council’s DCAM model or DAMA principles.
Why we love it
If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients’ lives, then there’s no better place to be. Here we truly understand science and apply it every day to strengthen and grow our pipeline.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
*If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links*.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.