Do you have a quantitative mindset who enjoys ensuring the experimental goals, experimental design, and analysis align? Would you like to join us on our journey where your contributions supporting our preclinical and nonclinical scientists will have a profound impact on R&D?
We see you as our new BioStatistician/Senior Biostatistician in our Data Sciences & Quantitative Biology department based in Cambridge, UK. The team you will join is built up of biostatisticians, statisticians, bioinformaticians, machine-learning specialists and image analysts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will collaborate with researcher to help them design their experiments and analyze the data. To be successful in this, you will have a problem-solving mindset and a perceptive approach ensuring robust conclusions are drawn from the research. You will work on multiple projects to provide support for programs. Projects will be drawn from drug discovery, pre-clinical in-vivo or in vitro studies, assay and process development, quality control, and various ‘omics platforms.
We will rely on you to
- Continue to develop your statistical and biological knowledge to allow you to support the researchers across non-clinical arena.
- Identify and deliver solutions for addressing key biological questions through statistics
- Build relationships with stakeholders to demonstrate value of statistics across AZ
- Communicate statistical concepts and results to engage a diverse audience
- Improve the underlying statistical capabilities and awareness of stakeholders
- Contribute to and lead both local and global projects
- Engage with external collaborators via publications and presentations
- A self-started who works independently driving projects forward.
- Be innovative in the identifying areas where you can have impact, in the statistical solutions you propose and in how you engage with the stakeholders.
We believe that your focus is set on solving challenging problems through collaboration and partnerships. You are an expert in your field and you know that the best results are achieved by utilizing the strengths of every individual.
- Degree in a biology related subject
- Masters in biostatistics, data science or equivalent experience
- Programming experience with R, Python, or similar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, especially when communicating statistical concepts to non-statisticians.
- Experience in applying statistics to biological problems
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience in exploring and optimizing experimental design
- General knowledge of the drug research and development process
If you are interested, apply now!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.