AI Product Lead
AI Product Lead
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, AI? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Department – R&D Data, Analytics and AI
The R&D Data, Analytics & AI Team is a global team of highly experienced, skilled data and AI engineers and professionals, passionate about delivering pioneering services and products within data, analytics and AI.
Data & AI have the potential to transform every step of the R&D pipeline. Through recent advancements in technology we are now collecting trillions of points of data, and have the opportunity to harness that data for analytics and insight that will lead to a new generation of medicines that are capable of addressing the world’s most challenging unmet medical needs. The mission of our team is to transform the way the R&D uses data, analytics and AI to discover and develop medicines. In order to achieve this we partner with scientific teams to deliver ground breaking capabilities, products and platforms that enable scientists to accelerate medicines that are safe and effective for patients.
Our team is made up of three key focus areas – Research Platforms, AI Engineering, and Technology & Tools – which work together to deliver scalable and repeatable solutions
ABOUT THE ROLE?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced solution lead to join our growing Data, Analytics and AI team. In this role you will work closely with R&D engineering, data science and machine learning teams to build and deliver product and platform strategies and execution roadmaps to ensure our investments in data, analytics and AI support AstraZeneca’s R&D priorities. Competitive candidates will have a proven track record of successful product and/or platform delivery, along with excellent collaboration, communication, planning and partner management skills.
• Work across one or more platforms/products in the R&D Data, Analytics and AI estate to own and drive a roadmap and vision to meet key strategic R&D needs.
• Collaborate with scientific and engineering teams to develop ongoing business requirements and solutions to meet strategic and performance needs.
• Work with engineering leads and capability leads to conceive solutions that continuously improve business processes and associated performance, TCO, etc.
• Focus on effective streamlining of platforms and optimised TCO for composite platforms & products
• Deep functional knowledge of products/platforms to support key value streams in R&D
• Provide strategic insight and cross-development analyses, and work with engineer leads to optimize resources throughout the organization
• Develop the core positioning and messaging for the platforms
• Experience as a Product, Platform or Delivery Lead
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience in a technical product/solution delivery or management role.
• People leadership – in developing and leading matrix teams. Understanding of people motivation, drivers and development goals
• Customer focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers: Strong bias for action and results
• Critical thinking – understanding challenges, opportunities through evolving technology/methodology and formulating into tangible roadmaps with clear business value
• Business Leadership – ability to partner and collaborate across both IT and Science teams to provide optimum benefit to R&D. Ability to identify new opportunities and to network to develop cases/proposals to meet desired outcome.
• Strong leadership skills and influencing skills
• Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
• Good communication and facilitation skills
• Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.
WHY JOIN IT?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new groundbreaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 23/10/2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.