IT Servicedesk Specialist
IT Servicedesk Specialist
- University degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Should have minimum 2-3 years’ experience as an IT Specialist
- Excellent communication skills combined with a clear, professional and pro-active manner,
- Fluent oral and written English
- Ability to learn quickly and to be familiarized with company specific applications
- Passionate about customer service
- Strong team player, adaptable to ever changing workloads
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Flexible and agile approach to work
Desired Technical Skills:
- ITIL Foundation
- Active Directory Administration
- Office 365 support (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, OneDrive
- Windows 2008 / 2012 Server
- Windows 10
- Skype For Business
- Cisco Call Manager
- IOS Support (iPad, iPhone)
- General network fundamentals preferred CCNA, N+ Certified
- Asset Management
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ required.
- MCSA Windows 10, MCSE, CCNA or CCNP desired.
- Applying technical knowledge to resolve faults
- Providing technical support and advice to end users
- Providing IT support for Internal / External Seminars, Webcast and Training
- Responding to calls from internal clients
- Communicating to users the progress of inquiries from receipt to closure
- Maintaining helpdesk call system
- Maintains positive relationship with all employees
- Work with external vendors and colleagues in a professional and helpful manner
- Adhere to, review and update computer service policies and procedures
- Identify and escalate situations that require immediate attention
- Receive and record technical and/or application support calls from end users.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems. When unable to resolve, escalate to second or third level in accordance with Help Desk escalation processes.
- Maintain overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Manage service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Record incident resolutions in the Help Desk Ticketing system “ServiceNow”
- Provide enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
- Serves as the local point of contact for technology problem management and resolution.
- Performs in-person and remote troubleshooting as escalates support issues as required.
- Assists with installation, maintenance, security, operation and administration of IT infrastructure
- Performs troubleshooting (Computer/Phone/Printers and other devices) and escalates support issues as required.
- Supports standard endpoint software suite (Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, OneDrive, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Installs, configures and deploys computer endpoints
- Trains and guides users in use of equipment, operating systems and applications.
- Assists with defining requirements, recommending solutions and implementing desired solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.