AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, having 21 brands for the treatment of diseases in different therapeutic areas like Respiratory , Gastroenterology , Cardiovascular , Diabetes and Oncology. AZ is living a total transformation worldwide through a science-led innovation strategy.
In AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and we'll develop you beyond what you though is possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us. As Events Manager, you will play a vital role in AZ.
- Key liaison between Events team and other internal departments; Finance, Procurement ext in terms of assuring group tasks delivery.
- Follow up of All AZ Events Workflow, early reservations/registration, agency fees, no show/cancellation policies, budgets, payments, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and enhance systems and processes to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Continuous Process Execution Analysis, Helping standardize & update operational processes
- Providing BUDs & Marketing / Medical Leads with Data in terms of Business Plan Execution eg Spot trends across businesses;
- Ensure Availability of detailed Events database and documentation of all accounts to support the businesses workflow and reporting.
- Maintain accurate traceability of Documents for records on internal systems : SAP, Veeva ,Concur ext
- Ensuring Execution Excellence of Events Coordinators in terms of PR/PO/Internal & External Communications , Meeting deadlines .
- Ensuring Events Coordinators implementation of Policies /SOPs & Workflows .
- Periodic Follow up of Team’s Workload & Deliverables .
- Periodic Assessing of Events team customers relationship & Customers Satisfaction also Relation with External Vendors.
- Close follow up on critical events.
- Ensure ownership for events.
- Executing International & Big Events “ PRS/ Following Approval/ SOPs Implementation / Revising Documents / Internal & External Customers Communication/ Price Negotiation / Documents Archiving / Reports delivery / Payments Follow up / On Ground Support
- Big role in travel agencies contracts
- Managing relationships with external Agencies / Internal Customers , in terms of Daily Problems solving & Complains Resolution.
- Frequent Business Reviews with travel agencies Assessing Performance .
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES NEEDED
Essential Skills required:
- Support a high performance culture
- Engagement: maintain a sense of ownership AZ Events ; encourage others to perform at their best.
- Judgement: make timely and sound decisions based on thorough consideration of relevant objective information
- Planning: determine the support and/or resources needed to complete assignments/ tasks
- Proactive: anticipate and ensure uninterrupted operations for the Business.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis and presentation skills; experience in using, graphs, surveys and ability to write clear and concise reports
- Leadership : The ability to Lead team of 6 events coordinators to deliver their objectives with motivation & high performance
- Sense of Urgency : Assuring Events team meeting deadlines
- Communication : Managing a high level of communication with internal & External Stakeholders
- Analytical Skills : Reviewing documents / planning events Budgets
Essential Experience required :
- Minimum three years of experience in Events Management.
- Strong track record of Team Development
- High ability to work collaboratively and drive performance through others.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer .AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability , sex or sexual orientation , pregnancy or maternity leave status ,race or national or ethnic origin , age , religion or belief , gender identity or re-assignment , marital or civil partnership status , protected veteran status ( if applicable ) or any other characteristics protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.