Administrative Assistant- IT
At Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease, we are innovators, leaders, and collaborators. At the heart of everything we do is an intense desire to pursue the toughest challenges and truly change the world for people living with rare and devastating diseases.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of activities (operations and planning) and ensuring timely flow of information to and from the executive office, supporting the Head of IT for the Rare Disease Unit in Boston, MA. You will handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. You will have a proven ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines, screen and prioritize communications and opportunities from external and internal sources and organize and maintain administrative processes is essential to this position. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, versatile, highly organized, possess the ability to think outside the box while problem solving, and able to support cross-functional coordination in a fast-paced environment. The coordinator will be required to be available during regular business hours, evenings and/or weekends, on occasion/as needed to provide support and assistance to the executive. Some travel may be required.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for performing a variety of secretarial, administrative, and project-oriented activities in support of their function. Duties include but not limited to scheduling of appointments, maintenance of calendars, preparation of external/internal correspondence, telephone and visitor screening, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, coordination of meetings and receptions, and maintenance/filing of documents.
- Manages all correspondence and communication that comes into the executive’s office, apprises executive on nature/priority of each item, and coordinates responses. At times will make independent decisions regarding scheduling, distribution of calls and e-mails, etc.
- Prepare meeting agendas, distribute materials, and take meeting minutes as needed.
- Facilitate effective communication within and outside the organization, including drafting and proofreading correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Assist in the planning and execution of department events, meetings, and conferences, including logistics, catering, and material preparation.
- Manage relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- Applies substantial knowledge in the coordination of sensitive reports and analysis (e.g., budgets, meeting materials, and highly confidential correspondence).
- Handles matters proactively and expeditiously and follows-through on projects to successful completion.
- Expected to provide continuous support in tandem with the executive’s daily schedule and obligations.
- Self-starter and forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and is solution oriented, intellectually curious and engaged, anticipates potential problems that could impact the executive and coordinates solutions.
- Identify opportunities to streamline administrative processes and implement improvements.
You will need to have:
- Proven ability to work independently and make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis regarding assigned and ad hoc duties with very limited or absence of direction from the executive.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Ability to discern and communicate with the highest level of tact and diplomacy, both verbally and in writing to members of the Board of Directors, the Steering Committee, industry and government officials, analysts, Alexion clients and all levels of the organization.
- Ability to partner with the executive to understand nuances, appropriate protocol, and specific preferences of the executive, and execute on the level of support required/expected.
- Ability to follow complex written and verbal instruction.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to persuade and build consensus and cooperation.
- Ability to work under time constraints and be available as needed.
- Top level detail, organizational, and analytical skills required as the nature of the executive’s position leaves little room for error.
- Ability to handle the highest level of confidential issues with the utmost sensitivity.
- Experience supporting C-Level Executives and/or Senior Management
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience working in a multi-national, matrixed company.
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements. #LI-TH1 #HYBRID