ADD-MTA Release Manager
ADD-MTA Release Manager
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, release management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Our Release Management team work across some of the most important and complex applications within AstraZeneca R&D. We are here to maintain high-quality Releases whilst maximising the flow. Our team is located across 4 countries to allow for close partnering with the relevant Product and DevOps teams. We support cross-team collaboration and empower you to work in the best way for the situation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role sits within a multi-product portfolio which runs DevOps teams across internally-built and configured commercial off the shelf (COTS) applications. It supports some critical R&D applications within the Design, Make, Test, Analyse Value Stream, which is crucial to progressing Drug Discovery. As the Release Manager you will own release standards, schedule, improvements and orchestration across the Portfolio.
Within the role you will likely be completing some of the following activities:
- Own the Release Process and Standards for the systems. This encompasses process, tooling and CI/CD, artefacts and roles. For new products this will also mean initial design and implementation.
- Orchestrate Release events including planning, scheduling and execution.
- Drive continuous improvement which is informed by metrics and retrospectives
- Work across teams which could include Product, Engineering, external vendors and users
- Be a leader within the Portfolio
Essential Abilities, Skills and Experience
- Degree quailfied
- Deep knowledge, experience and understanding of Release Management practices and principles
- Experience in agile delivery of business applications to a globally distributed user base
- Experience in delivering internal and COTS applications
- Ability to interpret enhancements and fixes into user-orientated value statements
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
- Experience in managing and sustaining diverse partner relationships
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a DevOps methodology
- Experience in and knowledge of bio-pharma industry
- Implementation or running of CI/CD pipelines and processes
- Proven ability to operate across multiple domains and geographies
- Comfortable in using JIRA, GitHub Enterprise, Jenkins, Confluence or similar tools
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new groundbreaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 25/6/2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.