Regional Medical Advisor - (Diversity)
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn culture that means we are always progressing close to our goals. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Develop a strong local KOL network
- Jointly develop the market/local KOL engagement plan with other MSLs, identify and segment KOLs according to their scientific interest and related affiliations and build the KOL network pre- and post-launch.
- Engage with KOLs using deep scientific expertise and knowledge of AZ's marketed products and compounds in development.
Support clinical trials and investigator engagement
- Provide support to the Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification and patient recruitment for Phase I, II & III studies.
- Create opportunities to complement existing flow of clinical data for AZ's products in line with stakeholder needs, i.e., by identifying pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with the Development Plan, and engaging in discussions on the ISS Programme with potential investigators.
- Provides support to the internal Global Medicines Development (GMD) team on clinical site identification
Engage in scientific exchange
- Engage with the medical / scientific community in a highly credible, balanced/objective way, representing AZ's dedication to and excellence in science
- Prepare and give relevant high level medical science presentations at congresses, symposia and scientific meetings
- Provide support for content development, agreeing agendas and delivery of effective clinical presentations e.g., advisory boards
- Help to develop medical science literature, i.e., write, edit and publish scientific articles and papers
Build capability of other internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a subject matter expert for external clinical / scientific stakeholders
- Help to build stakeholders' understanding about potential solutions to their needs, e.g., extended access programmes, approaches to diagnostic testing, etc.
- Respond to unsolicited stakeholder inquiries and provide focused, balanced and objective clinical / scientific information that supports the safe and appropriate use of AstraZeneca’s currently available products, including questions regarding off-label uses, and products under development, when appropriate to do so
- Act as an educational resource to internal stakeholders
- Support the sales force and other departments with medical science information (e.g., disease and treatment) and training
- Effectively gather, analyse, synthesise and forward relevant new knowledge and meaningful insights about the external scientific / medical / regulatory environment to internal colleagues
- Provide internal stakeholders with actionable items related to brand strategy and GMD based on stakeholders’ perspectives
- Review promotional and scientific documents for content accuracy and compliance
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations and certifications
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies
- Ensure understanding of the AZ Global MSL Guide, AZ Code of Ethics, External Interactions Policy and Standards, and Publications Policy along with relevant local industry codes of conduct.
Essential Requirement: MBBS/MD-Pharmacology with relevant 1-2 years of experience in Pharma industry preferably in Oncology
Job Location: Mumbai/Delhi/Hyderabad/Bangalore
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.