RWD Principal Scientist
• Works with cross-functional teams to ensure or to develop R WE strategies (as a part of integrated evidence plan) to support drug product portfolio in AZ R&D China, and is responsible for the consistency and excellent execution of the developed RWE strategies (Principal RWE Scientist).
• Works with cross-functional teams to identify business and scientific opportunities and develop RWD/E solutions to improve/accelerate the quality/process of drug development/approval. (Senior/Principal RWE Scientist).
• Serves as the RWD/E expert point of contact for CNPT and/or at TA level (Senior/principle)
• Executes or Leads RWD projects from start to completion, including developing RWD study protocols, collaborating with internal and external partners (e.g., key opinion leaders, academic institutions, CROs) on the design, implementation and reporting of the RWD studies.
• He/she is responsible for the scientific rigor of the RWD projects, and ensures high quality results from analysis are published as posters, abstracts and manuscripts at a variety of external and internal events and congresses, to increase scientific profile and visibility of the organization.
• Oversights of external analytics partnerships/vendors on outsourced RWD projects, including planning, coordinating, prioritizing and managing to ensure quality delivers.
• Accountable for development and maintenance of vendor relationships and contracts, maintaining strong relationships to enable quality delivery and issue resolutions.
• Contributes to identify/map, evaluate and establish collaborations with healthcare institutes and data vendors to expand the access to RWD sources, and maintain knowledge of up-to-date RWD data sources in China.
• Maintains knowledge of state of art of RWD/E methods, best practices, and technology innovation/development, be familiar with trend and new/innovative approaches in clinical research development and RWD applications.
• Stays abreast of business need evolutions, market evolution and dynamics, and has business acumen.
• Contribute/Establishes a close collaboration with AZ global and local clinical, data science, and regulatory communities, contribute to /develops and ensures best practice and cross-function synergistic opportunities, and contribute / drives/promotes an increasing adoption of RWD/E solutions in supporting drug development/approval.
• Contributes to external partnership in shaping a RWD enabling healthcare ecosystem in China.
- Advanced degree in data science related disciplines (e.g. Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health/Biomedical Informatics).
- Experience in applying quantitative research methods in healthcare setting with well-developed business acumen (Industry experience highly desired).
- Principal: PhD & minimum 7-10 years’ experience or Master & 9-12 years’ experience
- Senior: PhD & minimum 3-6 years’ experience or Master & 5-8 years’ experience
- Scientist: PhD, or Master & minimum 2-5 years’ experience
- Proven experience in generating hypotheses, managing healthcare datasets, designing/ implementing/reporting of RWD/observational studies.
- Broad knowledge of RWD data sources and RWD related regulatory guidance in China.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Strategic and innovative mindset (Sr/Principle), can-do attitude, and ability to work with ambiguity.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.